Chemonics International is seeking an experienced Component Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. This Activity will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The WASH Component lead will be responsible for leading all WASH activities within this program, including oversight of project interventions to improve water supply services and to strengthen the market for WASH products and services. S/he will also serve on the project’s leadership team and advise on overall project strategy and implementation.
Successful candidates will have experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
1. Water supply access and services in rural areas
2. Experience designing and managing medium and large scale water engineering projects
3. WASH demand generation and social behavior change communications
4. Market improvements for WASH products and services
5. Overall management of donor-funded programs
6. Experience overseeing teams of diverse staff
2. Monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems and evidence-based planning
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in several of the skills listed above
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; Masters preferred
• Registered with the Engineering registration board as a professional engineer (or higher registration category)
• Experience in WASH related programming required
• • Possesses a valid license to practice engineering.
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience in a diverse and fast-paced work environment
• Experience working with a range of government and civil society counterparts and donor and multilateral partners in WASH design and implementation. • Experience in institutional strengthening, partnership building, sanitation demand creation, and market-based sanitation approaches
• Experience working on USAID funded projects
• Strong analytical skills and writing abilities.
• Excellent written and oral English skills
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.