Rotana Hotels & Resorts
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self-motivated Food and Beverage professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Waiter / Waitress you are responsible to provide professional service to our Guests, ensuring their restaurant visit will become a memorable dining experience and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Perform all necessary tasks to service Food & Beverage according to the standard of performance manual of the Hotel.
- Greet & seat customers and serve them in a professional, discreet & personalized way.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the Food & Beverage menu of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice to Guests.
- Consistently monitor quality of Food & Beverage being served.
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints / queries satisfactorily.
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet & upkeep of all service equipment.
- Responsible for all service preparations before, during & after the service (mis-en-place & mis-en-scene)
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage.
- Actively use up selling techniques to exceed Guest expectations and increase revenue.
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Food and Beverage Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job
To apply for this job please visit www.rotanacareers.com.