Axia HR Tanzania
In this position, he/ she will oversee and coordinate key aspects of logistics in the company. Collaborate with the sales team and operations team to ensure products are stocked and delivered to customers promptly. Implement and maintain operating policies on general logistics and product procedures. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
●Contribute to creating and implementing best-practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
● Manage, coach, and develop a high-performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value, and continuous improvements.
● Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess the ongoing performance of direct reports.
● Plan, manage, and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies, and customers.
● Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
● Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high quality and service levels within budgetary requirements.
● Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
● Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
● Recommend optimal transport modes, routes, or frequency.
● Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, inbound and outbound, or customer issues.
● Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or branches and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
● Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
● Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage spare parts movements with the help of direct reports.
● Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement.
● Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to improve customer service and cost.
● Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate.
● Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
● Ensure products are transported appropriately to ensure the quality of goods during transportation.
● Generate transport income to leverage internal demand and combine it with external
● Liaise and source new business opportunities for enhancing income generation.
● Turnaround time from the garage is to be managed as not to have idle time.
● Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
● A minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience in a similar role.
● Membership in an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous.
● Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost and other important factors.
● In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
● Solid understanding of logistics, transport, and fleet management.
● Team-oriented: Cooperative and Collaborative
● Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
● Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
● Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills.
● Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.