The Pre-Service Education Technical Officer will provide technical support on pre-service education activities for USAID Afya Yangu – RMNCAH supported HTIs aiming to improve the knowledge and skills of PSE students in RMNCAH. S/he will work closely under the guidance of Pre-Service Education Technical Advisors to support the implementation of effective pre-service education improvement strategies through evidence-based, competency-based education and continuous quality improvement (CQI) for health cadres in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child and Adolescence health (RMNCAH.
Job Grade: 8. This position is open to Tanzanians only.
- Provide technical leadership on RMNCAH pre-service education
- Conduct RMNCAH pre-service education performance assessments and develop localized learning plans aimed at addressing identified gaps
- Use data from assessments to facilitate the identification of performance gaps between individual students and health training institutions (HTIs)
- Support the development, designing, implementation and evaluation of a strategy to improve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students in collaboration with MOH and other stakeholders
- Design and implement strategies to strengthen the use of skills labs in HTIs
- Provide technical leadership to facilitate the implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and evidence-based, competency-based education for RMNCAH services in health training institutions (HTIs);
- Participate and provide technical inputs in reviewing or developing new documents in specific areas of expertise in pre-service education for RMNCAH services.
- Ensure documentation of pre-service education activities
- Coordinate and/or represent Jhpiego in professional circles through meetings, and conferences and make presentations in consultation with the supervisor.
- Ensure that pre-service education program implementation is based on sound technical content and is sustainable
- Ensure the use of performance and quality improvement approaches in HTIs and clinical sites
- Actively participate in regional RMNCAH policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress review with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Implement all program activities in a timely and self-sufficient manner, multi-tasking and prioritizing as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the achievement of project goals
- Qualification as a midwife or nurse/midwife required, an advanced diploma and/or degree is desirable
- At least 5 to 6 years of work experience in pre-service education with progressively increasing responsibilities
- A record of being proficient in specific RMNCAH service provision
- Certified with at least 3 years of clinical training experience for theory and practice; excellent facilitation skills including delivering an interactive presentation, participatory and experiential methods
- Experience in coordinating (planning, implementing and monitoring) continuous quality improvement (CQI)
- Experience in working with HTIs, and ZHRCs for pre-service education
- Experience in strengthening skills labs for pre-service education in HTIs
- Knowledge of strategic planning, training program development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Current knowledge and skills in the field of RMNCAH
- Solid communication, verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Willingness to work in rural districts
- Experience working on Donor funded programs, with RHMTs, CHMTs, CSOs
- Excellence in computer skills application (Excel, Ms-word, PowerPoint, and internet)
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.