AB InBev Africa
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The key purpose: Responsibility for all operational tax matters of the businesses within the Tanzania Business unit.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- The role will entail taking compliance responsibility for all operational country-related tax matters (including Income Tax and local TP requirements, Excise duties, VAT, WHT, Payroll taxes, Stamp duties and Customs duties).
- The incumbent will work with the Business Unit Southeast (BU) Tax Manager and the Zone tax team to implement all tax efficiency initiatives and will be required to focus on Cash Tax Reporting and tracking requirements per the AB InBev policy, as well as Cash Tax Efficiencies.
- To be the key tax interface for the BU Tax Manager and the Finance Manager/ Finance Director on all relevant tax matters.
- To provide tax leadership, guidance and support across all functions/ departments of the business.
- To provide general tax consulting and advice to the business and tax support on projects implemented within the country.
The Tax specialist will be required to:
- Work with the BU Tax Manager to ensure appropriate structures and agreements are in place for the country.
- Develop and execute strategies to minimize tax liabilities and exposures across the business-unit with input from the Africa Zone tax department.
- Ensure the Country tax arrangements follow Ab InBev Global and Zone Tax policies and guidelines.
- Carry out regular operational tax reviews across the businesses units within the country and implement plans to close gaps arising from such reviews.
- Degree in Accounting/Commerce/Tax
- At least 4 years’ experience in tax arena, with specific emphasis on tax accounting/reporting and relevant on the ground Tanzania/ Africa tax experience in both direct and indirect taxes and international taxation.
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Finance Manager/ Finance Director
- Band VII-A
Tanzania Breweries Plc/ AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.