- Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 411,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunities for two (2) suitably qualified individuals to join our Tax & Legal and BPS department as Tax Associates.
About the department
The Deloitte East Africa’s Tax & Legal team is a multi-disciplinary practice of professionals specializing in various tax & business service offerings. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax, tailored signature solutions and insights designed to meet business needs. In line with the Tax & Legal global common storefront, our services add value to clients via three broad “impact areas”, that is, function strategy, technology & process, outsourced & managed services and advisory.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
- Preparation of clients’ statement of estimated tax payable, tax computation and return of income for online filing with the Tanzania Revenue Authority (the “TRA”);
- Preparation of monthly clients’ VAT returns for online filing with the TRA;
- Computation of monthly withholding tax payable, preparation and online filing of monthly withholding tax returns and advise clients on the amount of tax to be remitted to the TRA;
- Preparation of the monthly PAYE and SDL returns for online filing with the TRA;
- Assisting clients with managing TRA audit queries;
- Assisting clients with VAT refund audit and lodging the VAT claims with the TRA;
- Drafting tax opinions on various business dealings;
- Conducting tax due diligence assignments for clients and prepare relevant reports;
- Conducting tax risk and opportunity reviews for clients and prepare relevant reports; and
- Providing other tax services as may be directed by Management;
- Handling tax litigation and dispute resolution matters at the Tax Revenue Appeals Board and Tax Revenue Appeals Tribunal;
- Providing guidance to clients on issues of share transfer, capital increase and various legal matters pertaining to corporate law, commercial law, and investment laws;
- Ensuring that the companies comply with the respective Memorandum and Articles of Association and assisting with drafting and incorporating amendments in accordance with the Companies Act;
- Providing support services for routine compliance with the Registrar of Companies, maintaining their statutory records, and assist with implementing changes resulting from share transfers, changes in directorships, capital injections;
- Filing of statutory returns with the Registrar of Companies such as Annual Returns and registered office returns;
- Providing guidance to clients on the BRELA registration and deregistration services and assist them to update their statutory records accordingly;
- Preparation and review of legal documents, and notarization and certification of documents;
- Drafting and prepare researched legal opinions and providing general legal advice to local and international companies in respect of compliance to the laws of Tanzania;
- Conducting a due diligence to different companies for merger and acquisition process;
- Drafting and review of different types of contracts, trust deeds and agreements;
- Providing advisory services in relation to company formations, tax registrations, compliance with Company Law, licensing and immigration;
- Providing Immigration services in relation to work and residence permit applications for expatriates; and
- Providing other corporate support services as may be directed by Management.
- Bachelor of Laws from a local or international university with a minimum of Second Upper (a minimum of 3.5 GPA) or equivalent;
- A’ Level – Division 2/Merit/GCSE grade B;
- O’ Level – Division 2/Merit/IGCSE grade B or equivalent ;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice will be an added advantage; and
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 10 September 2023
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.