Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Founded in 1956, The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities – in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi. DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection (CBP, PSN, GBV, CP and Legal), Shelter and infrastructure, and Economic Recovery.
Overall purpose of the role:
Providing logistics support at Kasulu and Nyarugusu Refugee Camp. This includes fleet, warehouse, procurement, assets management, generators management and other supply chain duties.
- Responsible for provision of Logistics support.
- Responsible for fleet management.
- Responsible for inventory counting and stock taking.
- Responsible for provision of warehouse management support .
- Processing Low value procurement as per DRC Procurement policies.
- Recognizing all expired and obsolete/obsolescence to be disposed and doing the needful.
- Work hand to hand with HR and Admin on all utilities required by DRC staff who live in the DRC staff compound, consolidate their needs and work up them.
- Responsible for management of assets and equipment.
- Preparation of logistics and stock reports which should be shared on time as per DRC Supply Chain guidelines.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years working with Refugees context.
- Experience with ERP system. (DRC dynamics)
- High level of professionalism.
- Experience in working with International organizations is an added advantage. Mainly UN agencies.
- Experience in Supply Chain i.e Procurement, Fleet, warehouse and assets management.
- Experience in working as a team.
- Experience with meeting deadlines.
- Degree in Supply Chain or Business Management is required.
- Fluent in English
- Kirundi is an added advantage.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Danish Refugee Council staff
Employment category: Band H2
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
Technical Line Manager:Supply Chain Manager
Unit/department: Supply Chain
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Donor, coordination bodies
- Government Bodies (Central and Local)
- Beneficiaries in host communities
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
DRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff within its programs. As such, we strongly encourage national and diaspora candidates to apply for this position. However, candidates should take into consideration that DRC cannot employ, under an international contract, a national of the country in which he or she will be working (in this case, the United Republic of Tanzania)
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under JOB.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer and we consider all applicants regardless of race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status. We have a strong ambition to further enhance the diversity of our workforce and our goal is to achieve 50% gender balance and at least 50% representation of national staff in management roles. We acknowledge the importance of fostering a diverse and inclusive team to successfully achieve our organizational goals and positively impact the communities we serve.