Axia HR Tanzania
The Procurement & Sourcing Manager is responsible for strategizing and negotiating with farmers, suppliers, and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and reduce procurement expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop a sourcing SOP for the department
● Develop a supplier database that would add to the profitability of the organization
● Negotiate with vendors for advantageous returns for the Organization. Strong negotiation skills are a must.
● Secure Profitable deals through efficient networking with suppliers.
● Ability to analyze market fluctuations and trends on supplier rates.
● Recruiting suppliers who align with the organization’s values and ethics. Checking them with other companies.
● Demand Forecast Planning and Executing. Inventory Management.
● Constantly evaluate vendor efficiency and prices.
● Finalize purchase deals that are profitable for the organization
● Drive delivery efficiency and ensure cost reduction through expense analysis.
● Work with other departments and ensure specifications and expectations on quality are met.
● Track industry trends on categories dealt with by the organization.
● Create an efficient system of delivery and recording it.
● Manage clearances for timely delivery from sources/suppliers. Shipping and lead time
● Develop a replenishment model, which will ensure inventory management.
● Manage finances related to procurement and delivery.
● Great people management skills internal and external.
● Following and implementing procurement policies of the organization.
● Preparing budgets, cost analysis and good reports.
● Strategic thinking in alignment with overall business deliverables.
● Sustaining the standards of the company.
● High-risk management ability.
● Managing compliances as is the law of the land.
● Managing multiple project requirements through the team/suppliers.
● Ability to scale up procurement based on demand.
● Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Qualities and Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration or similar related field
● Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
● Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
● In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
● Management and leadership skills.
● Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
● Highly organized and detail-oriented.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Able and willing to travel around 70%.
● Valid driver’s license.
● Detail-oriented: Quality and Precision-focused
● Stable: Traditional, Stable, Strong processes
● People-oriented: Supportive, Accept Diversity and Fairness-focused
● Team-oriented: Cooperative and Collaborative
● Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
● Customer service with Persuasion and negotiation skills, Closing skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.