Barrick Gold Corporation
|JOB ADVERT – SHIFT BOSS TRAINER – EXPAT (2 VACANCIES)|
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shift Boss Trainer – Expat to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Foreman
Duration: Fixed Term (2 years)
- Plan and organize resources, people and equipment to ensure the execution of the mining schedule
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks(5 point)
- Identify recurring problems and derive solutions involving team members.
- Recognize and reward team member efforts
- Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures. Identify unsafe and hazardous situation
- Interpret the approved operational plans. Determine how resources and processes must be utilised / applied to achieve objectives
- Conduct meetings with Miners and report on previous shift status. Identify constraints and compare planned development and production against actual.
- Identify own priorities including PTO’s (Plan Task Observations), leadership interactions, heading inspections and communicate constraints to relevant stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate and control the load and haul process
- Diploma in Mining Operations
- Blasting Certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- At least 7 years Drill and Blast experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Supervisory role
- At least 3 years Load and Haul operations experience as a Miner
- At least 3 years construction experience as a Miner
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.