- Oversee the design and implementation of comprehensive strategies for strengthening the quality of and increasing uptake of HIV and other services at the community level, working closely with and supervising local implementing partners.
- Provide regional leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming and service delivery for KVP including KVP-friendly HIV testing services, PrEP, HIVST, FP, and linkage to care and comprehensive GBV services.
- Support EpiC technical staff in the regions.
- Support capacity of local service providers and community-based implementing partners to effectively reach KVP with HIV prevention services, FP, GBV and linkage to care.
- Strengthen facility-community linkages.
- Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Ensure alignment with USAID/PEPFAR, GoT and EpiC standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
- Medical degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience providing biomedical services at the community level, including to KVP; or Master’s degree in public health, social work or other related degree required with 7 to 9 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national HIV/AIDS standards and protocols for provision of services at community level for HIVST, PrEP, CBHTC, FP and GBV.
- Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and programs addressing gender norms.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP.
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with KVP.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
How to Apply:FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) refereesFHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.