A Snapshot of Your Day
Describe in a short, transparent paragraph what a day in the life of this role might look like:
The Senior Security Manager contributes to the security of Siemens Energy personnel in Eastern Africa, supports and provides operational support to the Global Function EHS, Quality Governance and Security (EQS). The main responsibility is to provide tactical and operational support to our business in Africa, thus requiring regular travel for site assessments, operational support for travel and project security / incident and crisis management and alignment with local service providers, government entities and Siemens Energy businesses.
How You’ll Make an Impact = main activities of the role
The main responsibility is to provide tactical and operational security support to our business, thus requiring regular travel for site assessments, operational support for travel and project security, briefing of travelers and project managers on site specific needs, incident and crisis management, evaluation and verification of standards of local security service providers.
It is important to understand the nature of Siemens Energy Projects in East Africa to properly provide site security assessments and to assist in identifying local security providers and other contacts to support our business activities.
The holder of this position is responsible for conducting risk assessments, defining, and coordinating risk mitigation measures, conducting timely security investigations and aligning project and business activities with all internal and external stakeholders.
In times where the focus is not on providing operational support to our Africa activities the Senior Security Manager will contribute to the regional security organization in Hub Africa, provide consulting and implementation support among the topics of Security Compliance, Travel and Workplace Security, Asset Protection, Incident & Crisis Management / Business Continuity.
The Senior Security Manager will conduct assessments of Siemens Energy locations to evaluate security measures and provide recommendations.
What You Bring = requirements
● Relevant academic degree, a professional qualification from a recognized security authority or appropriate security experience
● Well spoken and Written English and preferably Portuguese Language Capability
● At least ten years of experience working in corporate security or a similar environment, with proven operational experience in Africa – Sudan, Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique and Democratic Republic of Congo experience preferred.
● In-depth knowledge about the political and security situation in these countries, ability to provide analysis and insight to business managers.
● Computer skills and ability to learn relevant Siemens Energy specific applications supporting Security tasks.
● Strong customer orientation – to rapidly and flexibly respond to customer needs for urgent support.
● Willingness to travel extensively (>50%)
● Ability to analyze and assimilate information from diverse sources, including local and international media outlets, social media outlets, local information sources etc.
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills, preferably in a culturally diverse environment
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks.
● Ability to work under stress and outside of standard working hours if required. Proven integrity and high personal standards of behavior.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
To apply for this job please visit jsv3.recruitics.com.