Senior Mechanical Piping Engineer – DAR002K
: TZA-DES-Dar es Salaam
Employment Type: Agency Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
: Sep 18, 2023
: Oct 19, 2023
Reporting Manager Title: Field Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 24 Months
Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is ensuring Project Delivery adheres to cost, schedule and quality and also meets appropriate legislation and standards. We are rapidly expanding our capabilities within the low carbon and Energy Transition sectors and our Project Delivery team will bring experience and track record from a range of industry sectors to ensure similar standards are maintained as we assist our clients, partners and projects in transitioning to a more sustainable world.
Our commitment to People, Planet and Sustainability is demonstrated in Worley’s broader ambitions in the energy transition space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCM packages.
EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabaale – Hoima in Uganda to the Chongoleani peninsula near Tanga port in Tanzania.
Responsible to coordinate with Company and Contractor for engineering relating to the Pipeline delivery. Provide response to Technical Query’s, Deviation Requests, information, and clarifications, submitted by Contractor regarding any engineering/construction design conflict with the piping and/or mechanical installations.
Role and Responsibilities.
- Support the Construction in resolution of technical problems preventing the timely execution of the works.
- Review Construction Method Statement for Engineering HSEQ to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Review of Pipeline erecting and testing Method statements.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Review of Contractor submitted documents.
- Support Quality group for non-conformance resolution in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all IFC documents, information and their revisions are managed to the Construction schedules for execution.
- Familiar with National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform is essential.
- Conducting work in accordance with EACOP project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems (HSEQ)
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, encourage, and record their development and training.
- Manage vendor attendance and close out reports.
- Provide Daily/Weekly work status reporting.
- Ensure Pipeline Master as-built records are maintained by Contractors and approved as per as built document procedure and index.
- Provide Field Engineering support to construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
- Coordination with Company to resolve assigned technical problems, where required refer to Originating Home Office Engineering.
- Participating in Safety Leadership coordination with Construction teams.
- Proactively develop behaviours and culture of safety first.
- Degree (BS / PE) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the process engineering management and construction execution of onshore Pipeline.
- Chartered Engineer or hold a membership of a related Professional Institute or certification body (preferred)
- Previous experience on EPC Pipeline Projects in Oil and gas industry
- Knowledge and experience of International Codes for Pipeline design, fabrication, and construction API, AMSE, ISO, BS.
- English Speaking.
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Autodesk AutoCAD Visio.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform.
- Knowledge and understanding of constructability of pipelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the supervision of site installations of rotating & static equipment packages
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering/vendor drawings, plans and specifications
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of pipework hydro-testing, flushing, cleaning and box-up
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of flange management & mechanical bolt torquing methods
- General knowledge of codes such as; API 650, 686, ASME B31.1, B31.3, PCC-1
Worley is committed to making a difference and we currently have exciting projects delivering energy transition. We need the right people supporting this global change working and learning together. Our values and behaviours underpin who we are and everything we do…
- Life: Prioritise safety and wellbeing and ensure we choose “what’s right” and face important issues
• Rise to thechallenge: The can-do attitude to go that extra mile to deliver
• Stronger together: Seek new and divers’ relationships to drive innovation
• Unlock Brilliance: Push boundaries and share our expertise
To apply for this job please visit worleyparsons.taleo.net.