|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||Fixed Term|
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):||Dar es Salaam|
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
|Education:||Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area will be an added advantage.|
|Languages:||Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.|
These job holders should have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization, and coordination, and setting objectives. They deal with a variety of complex issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop systems and processes to continually improve the level of support provided. They are expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responsible for specialized support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods, and processes.
To co-ordinate and deliver a full range of HR support services in order to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate and provide a full range of HR management assistance and activities including follow-up actions, resolution of issues and unforeseen situations, to ensure consistency and quality of HR services delivered to clients.
- In absence of HR Officer, required to co-ordinate and supervise work of other HR staff, and support their learning and development, to ensure staff possess up-to-date knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Regularly monitor, oversee, and adapt existing HR procedures and collaborate with a wide range of HR stakeholders across the organization to identify, assess and meet evolving HR support needs.
- Analyze and respond to a variety of complex internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., and provide advice and recommendations to managers along with comprehensive analysis and reports for informative decision-making.
- Support and deliver a range of HR services allocated by the HR officer in compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee and support the delivery of on boarding activities for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Review and/or prepare a wide range of complex HR documentation to ensure accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Monitor HR management systems to ensure accuracy of HR data and compliance with the established deadlines.
- Oversee the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of comprehensive reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Support Hiring managers in ensuring adherence in PPAR for new staff (Including tracking of staff on probation), timely performance management actions in PACE and all mandatory trainings are done timely.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanaian nationals should apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is 13 March 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.