CCL Global Sub-Saharan Africa
In accordance with existing laws, CLIENT’S Code of Conduct, CLIENT’S Compliance policies and procedures, the Senior Compliance Coordinator will support organization and implementation of the various actions necessary for the deployment of the Program within CLIENT’S. This role will in particular:
• Develop the annual road map for the implementation of the Compliance Program
• Regular review of the Compliance policies and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose and in line with International and national law requirements.
• Ensure that diligence documentation and any other compliance documentation is thoroughly prepared, reviewed and approved in line with CLIENT’S policy and procedures.
• Review alerts raised and/or any incident of corruption that comes to his/her attention and keeping the Compliance team abreast of the status of the case.
• Lead in staff compliance sensitization and awareness programs through developing training material, tools (including workday-learning).
• Support the establishment and maintenance of a secure and detailed archiving /document conservation system, particularly with respect to due diligence documentation.
• Lead the regular review and update of CLIENT’S’s risk assessment framework and mitigation measures.
• Provide advice and guidance to management and staff regarding new or emerging global compliance issues
• Provide timely response to CLIENT’S stakeholders on compliance matters
• Any other related matters referred to him/her for action by the CO or CLIENT’S Management.
Context and environment
CLIENT’S operates in a delicate legal and regulatory context and the implementation of the patrimonial and operating agreements is frequently complex. Context is politically sensitive (high risk or commercially very important) and compliance shall be promoted at all times. Negotiations are often conducted with multiple parties (Shareholders including the National Oil Companies in Uganda and Tanzania, Authorities, Contractors, service providers, local communities) with different backgrounds which requires careful coordination and attention
The Compliance Programme aims to ensure compliance with international conventions, international and national law.
Qualification & Experience
• Bachelors degree (Bac+4) in a relevant field
• At least 6 years in Anti Bribery and Corruption Compliance,
• Experience in Oil and Gas an added advantage.