: TZA-DES-Dar es Salaam
: Sep 18, 2023
: Oct 19, 2023
Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is ensuring Project Delivery adheres to cost, schedule and quality and also meets appropriate legislation and standards. We are rapidly expanding our capabilities within the low carbon and Energy Transition sectors and our Project Delivery team will bring experience and track record from a range of industry sectors to ensure similar standards are maintained as we assist our clients, partners and projects in transitioning to a more sustainable world. Our commitment to People, Planet and Sustainability is demonstrated in Worley’s broader ambitions in the energy transition space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCM packages.
EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabaale – Hoima in Uganda to the Chongoleani peninsula near Tanga port in Tanzania.
Worley will support EACOP partners led by international French company TotalEnergies, through the execution and delivery of the project.
The Senior Civil Engineer will support the Field Civil Engineers in the preparation and or review in technical specifications, calculations and drawings. Supporting the Quality group to ensure civil materials, structures and equipment are delivered, installed, tested in accordance with the project requirements.
- Ensure all Civil issued construction IFC documents, information and their revisions are managed to the Construction schedules for execution.
- Field generated Civil Engineering documents shall be handover according to project HSEQ requirements;
- Conduct work in accordance with EACOP project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems (HSEQ)
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, encourage and record their development and training.
- Coordinate with Company engineers for timely resolution of Engineering Technical Queries, Deviations, non-conformance, defects and other technical matters.
- Manage vendor attendance and close out reports.
- Provide Daily/Weekly work status reporting and attend Site Construction meeting as required.
- Ensure all Civil Structural Master as-built records are maintained by Contractors and approved as per as built document procedure and index.
- Provide Field Engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
- Coordination with Company and Contractor to resolve assigned technical problems, where required refer to Home Office Engineering.
- Support and Collaborate with the home office engineering design team to properly implement design change and provide all engineering site support.
- Review Construction Method Statement for Engineering HSEQ to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Provide response to Technical Query’s , Deviation Requests, information and clarifications, submitted by Contractor.
- Ensure that the engineering response to the TQ’S are expedited and Contractors implements changes corrections on site.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Ensure that discipline handover documentation /Dossier are complete as per project Completion requirements.
•A Bachelor’s Degree in a Civil, Structural Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the Civil, Structural ad Building engineering.
•Chartered Engineer or hold a membership of a related Professional Institute or certification body (preferred)
•Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of construction execution of onshore Pipeline, Pumping stations, Storage Terminals and Jetty.
•Experience with undergrounds, earthworks, geotechnical interfaces, foundations, buildings, steel structures, etc.
•Experience with Green field project scopes, field verification and designs. Knowledge of standards ASCE, API, ACI, ASTM, BS EN, experience in STAAD / Foundation Design Suite software.
•Knowledge of National, International standards and legislative requirements for design.
•Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform is essential.
•Experience as Civil Lead Engineer on Oil and Gas Project preferable.
Worley is committed to making a difference and we currently have exciting projects delivering energy transition. We need the right people supporting this global change working and learning together. Our values and behaviours underpin who we are and everything we do…
• Life: Prioritise safety and wellbeing and ensure we choose “what’s right” and face important issues
• Rise to the challenge: The can-do attitude to go that extra mile to deliver
• Stronger together: Seek new and divers’ relationships to drive innovation
• Unlock Brilliance: Push boundaries and share our expertise
To apply for this job please visit worleyparsons.taleo.net.