- Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 411,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join our Consulting department as a Results Management Office Advisor.
About the department
Deloitte’s Consulting is about making positive change happen. If you’re ready to innovate and transform, Deloitte can help you imagine, deliver, and run your future. Consulting helps guide clients to the best possible business decisions. Whether they’re facing a specific problem or grasping new opportunities, from technology innovations to operational transformation. You’ll help them shape the ideas, strategies and actions they need to succeed, now and for an ever-more-digital future. You’ll work collaboratively on every project. And have opportunities to work with all kinds of organizations, from start-ups to government departments to major international brands. Developing a wide set of skills and knowledge, your career will be as fascinating and rewarding as it is impactful.
Main Purpose of the job
Ensure the successful delivery of USAID Africa projects and the demonstration of tangible project results. Ensure that implementation is aligned to the projects’ strategic vision, objectives, and key result areas, is within the approved budget, and delivered with minimal risks.
- Serve as an SME/ Advisor in establishing and managing results management offices (RMOs) for USAID Africa projects. Ensure the RMO is aligned to the four RMO domains –strategic vision, technical expertise, operational excellence, and organizational alignment;
- Ensure that the implementation of USAID Africa projects is aligned to the projects’ strategic vision, objectives, and key result areas;
- Monitor the performance of USAID Africa projects on a quarterly basis and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Liaise with and build the capacity of the project RMO directors/ managers on the tactical implementation of technical activities and demonstration of results in the key result areas;
- Lead the roll out and implementation of the PMO playbook that will streamline processes and enhance delivery excellence for Africa projects;
- Coordinate spot checks to confirm implementation of the projects’ risk frameworks, risk registers and compliance;
- Coordinate spot checks to verify that the projects follow acceptable quality standards and processes;
- Leverage data analytics for decision making;
- Follow up on project governance matters including the occurrence of project executive and strategic meetings and engagement with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, government bodies and CSOs;
- Establish a centralized platform for sharing best practices and lessons learned across projects;
- Work with the project RMO directors/ managers to ensure the timely execution of the annual performance reviews; and
- Liaise with the project RMO directors/ managers to identify training and development needs. Establish a learning agenda and coordinate training/ capacity building.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years managerial experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing donor funded projects, preferably within a project management/ results management office capacity
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 26 March 2023
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.