|Work Location : Malawi – Lilongwe
|Type of Post :
|Other Possible Location :
|Funding : APPROVED
|Expected Travel : up to 30%
|Type of Contract :
|Language Requirement : English
|Application Deadline :
|Employee Duration : Full-Time
**This role is open to Nationals of CARE Southern Africa countries, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi and Tanzania and will be on a local contract**
The Regional Program Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying operational risks to our implementation, and will lead, coordinate and strengthen risk mitigation strategies.
They will work alongside other stakeholders to ensure statutory compliance (legal registrations and renewals), and on-time and on-budget award management and donor compliance for high-value and strategic programs. This position will directly support Country Directors and other senior leadership with problem-solving coordination, issue management and solution adaptations with business services teams (supply chain, cash management, etc.).
They will provide targeted change management and improvement in the leadership, direction and processes of CARE’s program operations, including support to the roll out of global and regional initiatives. This is an evolving role and as part of the Regional Management Team, the selected candidate will support regional initiatives and/or global priorities as they evolve.
Drive the locally-led and future-fit operating model transformation and other strategic change management processes
- Provide strategic oversight for the transformation of country programme operations and delivery in line with the Regional Roadmap, CO strategies, CARE USA Strategic Vision and CARE 2030 vision.
- In coordination with global and regional teams for Business Services, partnership, and Award Management Solutions (AMS), develop and roll out fit-for-purpose partnership standards, policies, and streamlined procedures with the aim of enhancing the CARE’s work with local partners in the region, in particular national and regional feminist groups, civil society networks, and social movements.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that operational risks are identified in a timely manner and that appropriate operational risk mitigation strategies are implemented in close collaboration with other key Regional Management Team members.
- Ensure the region is equipped with the right skills and up to date information to make operational and program risk informed decisions and improve performance with the support of internal stakeholders within the wider confederation.
- Lead compliance with statutory requirements as relate to different operating modalities and registrations.
Oversight and support to country programmes operations and delivery
- Drive improvements to project cycle management, from award set up, project start-up to meet quality standards (in coordination with DRD-PQ), and project close-out to minimize disallowed costs and no-cost extensions (in coordination with Business Services Manager).
- Support award management cycle for large and regional programmes, go/no-go and match discussions, consortia management and partnerships, donor compliance, project financial and narrative reporting.
Management and coaching for programme operations
- Provide on-going support and guidance to first time/new Country Directors through reviews and guidance in collaboration with the Regional Director.
- Hold regular conversations with line reports to identify development opportunities and provide feedback and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or relevant professional development in related discipline
- 7-10 years’ extensive leadership experience; experience in strategic and operational management
- Evidence of extensive experience in international humanitarian & development work at management level
- Demonstrated knowledge of or professional experience with working in the Southern Africa region and experience working in a global organization required
- A strong commitment to, and a demonstrated experience in, the areas of organizational development and learning, knowledge-sharing and people development.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.