Recreation Manager | TUI BLUE Bahari Zanzibar, Tanzania
Jon TUI BLUE as an experienced Recreation Manager responsible for coordinating the activities of day and evening guest’s entertainment. The Recreation Manager will supervise and train all recreation staff, beach attendant’s staff, and monitoring quality and consistency of the resort entertainment. As a Recreation Manager you will ensure that the maintenance of the Recreation areas including hotel beach, swimming pool, spa and Gymnasium equipment and facilities are in good maintenance order with high quality of cleanliness to ensure the TUI BLUE standards is met.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Set up and run standard of the week training sessions for all Recreation /Animation staff and oversee the communication and integrity of the program
- Updating the standard operating program manuals on a quarterly basis
- Monitor services and team work on regular basis and counsels’ employees as needed
- Direct and develop staff to meet and exceed customers’ expectations and ensuring department team work
- Develop staff with skills and training according to the hotel’s standards
- Perform other duties as required to provide excellent service and team work
- Ensures that all guests are treated with courtesy and that staff on duty are ready and willing to assist guests.
- Interpret policies and procedures and ensure proper standards of conduct are maintained
- Recreation Manager must have at least 3 years of recreation administration as well as supervising and creating recreation programs
- Energetic, dynamic person with a positive and motivated attitude
- Self-Motivated, hard-working, sensible and able to work under pressure
- Pleasant, responsible and has the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with true passion for hospitality, excellent customer relations
- With excellent problem solving and time management skills
- The Recreation Manager will be result oriented, proactive with the ability to lead, motivate and improvise in all situations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- People person with exceptional leadership pedigree
- With strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage several requirements concurrently
- Excellent business English both written and spoken
- Confident language skills in English and ideally have German or French as an additional language. Other languages i.e. Arabic, Asian and African will be valuable.
- Previous experiecne working within the African culture highly advantageous.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary, attractive company benefits as standard
- Insurance according to local laws plus Incident Insurance 24/24.
- Full uniform provided
- Return plane tickets 1x year
- On-site accommodation and laundry provided.
- Full board meals and drinks provided.
- 30 days annual leave, public holidays as per Tanzanian Regulations.
- Working Hours 48hours/week 6 days /week.
- We promote career development with wide range of international opportunities across our business.
TUI BLUE is the global flagship hotel brand of the TUI Group combining the best aspects of both individual and all-inclusive holidays with outstanding quality and modernity. Our hotel brand stands out from the crowd with first-class locations, regional architecture, an innovative technology concept with a unique blend of local and contemporary cuisine and BLUEF!t® sport and leisure facilities.
TUI is the world’s leading tourism group. The broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 15 cruise liners and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof. This integrated offering enables us to provide our 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tuigroup.com.