The Program Manager (PM) position provides overall management of RISE regional teams (RRTs) to facilitate project planning, implementation, and review in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida and Tabora regions. The PM guides RRTs on priority setting, maintains two-way communication with RHMTs, MOH and PORALG to facilitate advocacy, engagement, and consensus between national, regional, and local government authorities to align project objectives and national priorities with the local context. The PM promotes partnership, learning and adaptive management within RRTs, connects them with the project senior management team (SMT) and mediates access to resources available within Jhpiego to create a conducive and responsive environment for RRTs to achieve optimal results in a cost-efficient manner. The PM is a member of the SMT and RISE point of contact for MOH and PORALG
This position will be closed by 1st September 2023.
- Supervise Regional Coordinators responsible for management of all RISE activity implementation in assigned regions ensuring they have resources and support to perform their role.
- Coordinate all aspects of operations, administration, finance, logistical and cross-cutting support required for effective and efficient functioning of RRTs including office requirements.
- Guide RRTs to implement approved work plan and budget by deriving quarterly activity plans to leverage regional events to optimize results within given timeframe and cost.
- Facilitate RRTs to be responsive by adapting new strategies using action learning approaches to gain insights into local barriers and enablers to promote continuous improvement.
- Support RRTs to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to promote local government engagement, ownership, and accountability to integrate and sustain VMMC services.
- Lead RRTs to advocate and implement strategies with RHMTs and CHMTs to integrate VMMC requirements in facility health plans and comprehensive council health plans.
- Participate in joint supportive supervisions, quarterly review meetings and technical working groups to ensure RISE compliances with Jhpiego, MOH and USAID policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to writing reports, presentations, conference abstracts, articles, success stories and publications to disseminate key results, insights, lessons, and best practices.
- Coordinate day-to-day correspondence and updates with MOH and PORALG points of contact and SMT, represent RISE in relevant meetings and intervene on behalf of the project.
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor or SMT
- Master’s degree in a health-related field especially public health or project management or relevant Bachelor’ degree with 8 years or more of hands-on project management experience.
- Eight years’ experience managing health or HIV/AIDS activities incorporating facility, community, and policy level interventions. Experience collaborating with MOH and PORALG preferred.
- At least five years’ experience managing donor-funded health programs in Tanzania. Working knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR is desirable.
- Experience managing VMMC activities in Tanzania is preferred.
- Experience supervising five or more senior project staff leading regions, program or thematic areas working with facility- and community-based health services delivery teams.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, interns, and volunteers, demonstrating commitment to teamwork, learning and growth, and motivating colleagues.
- Results-oriented and adept at data use for decision-making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for different audience in Kiswahili and English.
- Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Competency using MS Office Suite (email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% time.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers those contacted during work.
- Planning and negotiation skills required
- Good level of computer literacy, conversant with all Microsoft products
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer