Chemonics International is seeking an experienced Component Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. This Activity will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Food Systems Component lead will be responsible for leading all activities related to supporting a sustainable and resilient food system that is responsive to nutrition needs. Primarily, this work will include oversight work with local governments, private sector actors, and other partners to identify and implement interventions to improve the availability and consumption of safe and nutritious food. S/he will also serve on the project’s leadership team and advise on overall project strategy and implementation.
Successful candidates will have experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
1. A whole of food systems approach, including supply- and demand-side activities to improve access and consumption of healthy foods
2. Food safety and nutrition
3. Use of technology to address improvements in production, processing, and storage of safe foods
4. Close collaboration with the private sector across the food system in Tanzania
5. Overall management of donor-funded programs
6. Supporting the Government of Tanzania and local NGOs working at the district, ward, facility, and community. Experience leading community-based nutrition approaches around nutrition-sensitive interventions.
7. Building capacity of host country government institutions and local NGOs working at the national and subnational levels.
8. Experience overseeing teams of diverse staff
9. Monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems and evidence-based planning
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in several of the skills listed above
• Master’s degree in relevant field required
• Experience in Nutrition related programming required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience in a diverse and fast-paced work environment
• Experience working on USAID funded projects
• Strong analytical skills and writing abilities.
• Excellent written and oral English skills
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.