Habitat for Humanity International
The National Director will need to demonstrate successful development sector leadership experience encompassing the following: –
- Orchestrating wide-spread public and donor engagement and support of the organization’s mission and strategy through a clearly articulated value proposition.
- Building a highly competent, technical leadership team and empowering, agile organizational culture capable of developing and implementing organizational strategy.
- Leading a wide range of diverse internal and external stakeholders through complex organizational change.
- Building and leading multi-sector coalitions and strategic partnerships to successfully scale solutions and advocacy impact and expand funding support.
- Securing institutional funding to support evidence-based, innovative, scalable solutions.
- Navigating the complexity of matrixed NGO structures, demonstrating collaboration with and accountability to local communities as well as local and international governance structures.
- Overseeing operational excellence of a direct service organization, including safeguarding, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and other quality controls.
- Cast a clear and transformative vision of the future of housing to build public and donor support.
- Lead the organization in developing a clear vision and ambitious strategy informed by articulated, strategic positions on housing deficits, national housing objectives, and Habitat for Humanity’s Theory of Change.
- Lead the organization in developing strategic positions on national housing deficits and intersecting issues (e.g., urban development, climate change) to inform strategy development.
Build a top-tier, people-centric leadership team and an agile, resilient organizational culture.
- Recruit a leadership team of highly competent, supportive leaders who can clearly demonstrate a history of driving organizational strategy through technical expertise and prioritizing the care and growth of their teams.
- Ensure that the organizational culture is inclusive and safe, finding strength in diversity of culture, background, and talent and respecting all employees equally.
- Champion an agile, transparent, people-centric organizational culture by modelling this culture together with the national leadership team. Build a cohesive, collaborative leadership culture that models effective decision-making and open, honest dialogue.
- Oversee the implementation of effective talent management, organizational development, and change management infrastructure and processes. As a leadership team, drive the development of critical mindsets and behaviours that support an agile, people-centric culture and integration of these expectations with talent management and development processes.
Oversee the implementation and growth of innovative, evidence-based programming.
- Lead the organization in implementing and growing innovative, agile programming that delivers on organizational and national housing objectives.
- Guarantee community empowerment and accountability in all programming through the implementation of the Theory of Change and refined M&E in all programming.
- Guarantee a responsive and agile approach to all programming through successful leveraging of sophisticated M&E, strengthening community and stakeholder accountability and continuously improving the organization’s evidence-based approach.
Leverage strategic partnerships to drive multi-sector, national and regional impact.
- Leverage Habitat’s global influence and coordinate with other regional and National Organizations to grow key partnerships and strengthen advocacy efforts.
- Strengthen relationship and coordination efforts with national and local governments, NGO leaders, and other key development sector organizations.
- Cultivate and drive strategic, multi-sector coalitions for shelter innovation to advance and scale housing solutions.
Champion good governance and the highest standards of accountability, ethics, and operational excellence.
- Oversee the installation of and adherence to high-quality safeguarding, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and other quality control measures. Ensure the organization’s ethical standards adhere to HFHl, international development, and national ordinance requirements.
- Champion an organizational culture of safety, inclusivity, and accountability. Ensure quality control measures, ethics, and related measures and practices function are integrated into staff training and talent management processes.
- Leverage previous experience with NGOs and matrixed governance structures to strengthen alignment and collaboration between the NO board of directors and the global Habitat organization.
- Lead coalitions and implementing partners in establishing shared ethical and quality control standards to actively minimize the risk of harm to Habitat constituents and partners.
- Compels others through embodiment and clarity of vision, building widespread internal and external support and driving action through a clear articulation of a value proposition.
- Leads through ambiguity and transformation, modelling agile learning and supporting efforts to prioritize and support employees and stakeholders through change.
- Upholds the highest standards of integrity and ethics while navigating organizational conflict, critical conversations, and decision-making.
- Scoping the critical technical expertise to develop and drive a transformative strategy.
- Hiring and developing top-tier leaders who will drive organizational strategy and build the organizational culture needed to achieve this strategy.
- Building and growing strategic relationships with external partners, including multi-sector and multi-cultural leaders, local and national governments, and foundations and institutions.
- Aligning goals and strengthening the collaboration between local and international governance within a matrixed NGO system.
- Familiarity with M&E, financial management, and other quality control infrastructure and processes required to maintain effective operations and programming.
How to apply
- Closing date: 25th June 2023
- To apply please click ‘apply for job’ via the link: https://www.redseasearch.com/job/national-director-tanzania/
- As part of the application process kindly submit an MS Word version of your CV and a cover letter. All application documents (cover letter and CV) should be submitted in English.
- Need help submitting your application? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you require access to information in a different format to facilitate your application please contact us via email@example.com
- Please name your submitted files with the following reference: HfH_NDTZ
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICAITON INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
To apply for this job please visit www.habitat.org.