AB InBev Africa
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
Key Purpose Statement
This role connects every dot of the manufacturing supply chain from demand through to supply, logistics and finance. The purpose is to generate feasible monthly supply & inventory plans that meet desired customer service Levels while avoiding unnecessary distribution and obsolescence costs.
MRP Run and Validation
- Run MRP in the Planning System for both TBL and TDL
- Check material availability and forward stock projection vs agreed upon stock parameters for both TDL and TBL
- Review supplier production plan and critical material availability
- Check restrictions and adjust
- Identify slow moving inventory and alert team
- Check long term material availability with supplier
- Expediting of urgent orders
- Ensure correct PO process is followed
- Follow up that all inventory is GRN in time (within 48 hours) and that GIT is always clean
- Attend weekly stock counts of raw material stores under your control
- Sign off on any variances and flag those immediately to Planning Manager
- Update system with any variances
- Carefully track and report on shelf life of materials weekly to reduce obsolescence
- Manage inventory levels against Inventory Policy and report weekly on any variances and risks
- Fully understand commercial terms of each supplier
- Issue PO’s for each raw material and packaging materials at brewery and distillery level
- Follow up with supplier monthly on any account related problems and facilitate speedy reconciliation of accounts.
- Manage call offs from suppliers
- Manage materials within cash flow budgets
- Identify and implement cost avoidance and cost reduction initiatives
Master data management
- Regularly reviewing all master data with various functions in the organization as well as suppliers to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Drive regular routines to keep master data up to date in the planning tool. This includes but are not to inventory on hand and order lead times, BOM, production schedule, minimum order quantity etc.
- Define critical materials
KPI’s, Routines & Reports
- Ensures that Daily, Weekly and Monthly Meeting routines are adhered to in line with mandatory LCP & internal guidelines
- Ensures that processes are standardized via SOP’s and work standards are monitored and improved by using Operational Work Diagnoses (OWD’s);
- Track KPI’s on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in line with LCP requirements
- Ensures that appropriate problem-solving tools are applied for out of range KPI’s in line with LCP methodology.
- Publish reports on time as per LCP guidelines and internal processes.
- Logistics degree or another 3-year degree in related field such as Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or commerce
- Experience of planning tools, techniques and accountabilities ranging from tactical planning, distribution and supplier management
- Proven experience with ability to influence and interface with senior stakeholders, specifically manufacturing as well as external suppliers
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with an ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Discipline and rigor around processes with attention to detail
- Good self-management principles
- Ability to adapt to and implement change effectively
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Strong analytic and numerical skills, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail and logical thinker.
- Band: VIII
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 12 September 2023.
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.