The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans that will increase brand awareness, generate leads, and drive sales for Puma Energy Tanzania Ltd. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Africa Marketing Lead, General Manager, and Retail Manager to develop and implement marketing strategies that align with Puma Energy’s overall business goals.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities :
- To provide a detailed plan of possible marketing campaigns
- Do detailed research on operating environment
- Conduct market research to identify target audiences and develop marketing messages that resonate with them
- Identifying opportunities for marketing the Puma Energy brand and its products
- Detailed analysis of cost vs benefit
- Create and manage marketing campaigns, including advertising, public relations, and social media
2. EXECUTION AND TRACKING
- Work with the sales team to develop and execute marketing campaigns and take full responsibility of execution in country
- Track and analyze marketing results to measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on marketing trends and best practices in the industry
- Prepare and monitor marketing budget and spend on a quarterly basis
3. COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that all marketing brand guidelines are adhered to
- Monthly reporting on marketing trends in country
- Reporting on campaigns running in country
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of marketing experience in B2C setting and FMCG industry is preferred
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and best practices
- Experience in a multinational company with matrix organizational structure
- Strong creating, developing and execution of marketing campaigns
- Stong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independent
- Strong financial/accounting background
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong marketing and sales skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working with multiple IT systems – MS Office, Navision, etc.
- Knowledge of database systems would be advantageous
- Commercial awareness / acumen
- Ability to identify and develop business opportunities that current and future organizational competence can fulfill to generate new profitable business.
- Ability to drive business value through the effective marketing of existing and new offerings to customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain ethical and trusting relationships, networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals.
- Ability to build lasting engaging relationships with colleagues, superiors, clients, employees and other key stakeholders. Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Always acts with customers in mind
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers within business service levels and profitability requirements.
- Able to pursue everything with energy and drive and adapts easily to change.
- Able to set and communicate high standards of performance in alignment with business goals and measures. Ability to and hold team members, business units and stakeholders accountable for actions and results and manage expectations, performance and consequences
- Ability to communicate and ensure adherence to performance targets and measures to meet applicable corporate governance and legislative requirements. Ability to identify, measure the potential impact of and manage organizational risk.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Retail, B2C Lubricants, Finance, Corporate Affairs and Government Relations
- External – Customers, Advertising agencies, Media Houses