Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a Manager – Mineral Resource to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity.
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach.
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose.
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy.
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable.
- Committing to Zero Harm.
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure that programs are designed considering alternative options, costs, target rankings, and are in line with Life of Mine Strategy.
- Ensure regular review of Brownfields targets and rankings, and development of staged evaluation programs.
- Develop detailed documentation to justify proposed exploration programs to support Capital applications and Budgets.
- Reduction of overall geology costs by a target of 10% through effective management, option analysis, minimizing delay times, control of consumables etc.
- Replace the ounces mined annually, near mine resource drilling program completed on time and successful. Ensure optimal drilling schedule is adhered to and deliver priority targets in timely manner.
- Ensure drilling programs are managed to deliver datasets for Mineral Resource updates in line with the Mine Planning cycle.
- Technical Reports completed on schedule.
- Increase focus on technical development of geoscientists; identify high performers and align for advancement.
- Develop programs as required to assist in training of personnel for new operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes with Operational Geology to deliver improved quality of geological inputs to other departments and supervision of ore mining activities.
- Ensure data capture is subjected to rigorous quality control.
- Ensure lithological and structure wireframes / models are continually updated with new data.
- Develop and manage initiatives to deliver cost improvements across all geological activities; costs reduced by 10% from last three-year average.
- Proactive in sending safety messages, safety alerts, interactions with teams and participating in safety meetings. FLRA conducted at all workplaces without fail.
- Safety champions recognized and rewarded.
- Immediate stoppage of unsafe behaviors.
Roles and Responsibilities on EMS
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Ensuring that the environmental policy and environmental objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organization.
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the environmental management system are available.
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements.
- Ensuring that the environmental management system achieves its intended outcomes.
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Promoting continual improvements.
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their area of responsibility.
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Geology.
- Tertiary Degree MSc or PhD in Geology.
- Professional Geologist Registration.
- Post tertiary qualification in another field to the original degree.
- MBA (I)/EMBA.
- Member of the SEG or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate good oral / written communication skills in English.
- Team Player and result oriented.
- A valid Tanzanian driving license
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
Experience and Competencies needed.
- 15 years’ experience in the mining industry, with at least 7years experience in an operational leadership role
- Good knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.
- Ability to act and operate as part of a team and possess a “can do” attitude that will motivate team to action company directives.
- Good time management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a safe, timely and professional fashion.
- Be able to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Budgeting and managerial experience.
- Business improvement tools and processes.
- Mining, processing, maintenance, and geology.
- Project Management, governance, and controls.
- Finance and economics.
- Systems development.
- Strategic planning.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.