Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
1. To provide administrative support to the HR team in country. Specific responsibility for ensuring a controlled and efficient environment around the maintenance of training database and other paper records held in HR.
2. To provide customer service to members of staff in areas of expertise where required.
To provide customer service to members of staff in areas of expertise where required
- Partner with the HRBPs when required, to identify Learning and Leadership needs through Performance consulting, in order to address people development needs required to meet business strategic objectives.
- Identify learning solutions and other non-learning issues relevant to business performance improvement
- In partnership with Senior Development Partner, provide LLT expertise & insight at business meetings, either directly to the Cluster LLT Head or to a wider management team.
- Supports delivery of aligned and seamless learning plans and analysis to the business.
- Project manage delivery of Learning and Leadership interventions in line with the Business goals
- With support from Development Partner to ensure effective pilots and TtT of newly developed learning programmes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the relevant role players in the learning and leadership value chain namely the Senior Development Partner, learning vendors and clients in order to ensure impactful learning
- Maximise utilization of internal learning solutions and synergies in all learning and leadership propositions, across all business areas, optimising spend
- Ensure effective evaluation and measurement of business impact of key learning and leadership programmes and use for business decision making
- Leverage and research best- and next practices to provide leading edge innovative learning solutions to the clients, and share this research with the team.
- Engage with and build an external LLT network to ensure continuous updating of current best practise and leading-edge knowledge of learning.
Risk and Control Objective
- In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Barclay’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and have the ability to articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
- Computer literacy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong planning / Ability to organize oneself.
Maturity: Ability to work in an environment where absolute discretion and confidentiality is of huge importance
Knowledge and Expertise (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, and policies)
- At least 1 year’s employment experience
- Understanding of basic HR Principles
- Knowledge of an HRMIS or demonstrated ability to grasp HR Systems Principles
- MS Office
Experience, qualifications, and other requirements specific to the role.
- HR administration experience
Key Issues over the next 12-24 months
- Demonstrating high standards of efficiency within the Registries of employee file
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role
- Time management
- Goal driven.
- Meticulous attention to detail
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Human and Social Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.