Barrick Gold Corporation
JOB ADVERT –LEADING HAND ELECTRICIAN (EXPART) (01 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Leading Hand Electrician to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all electrical and maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of electrical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any installation / system / equipment.
- Ensure electrical equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out electrical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain electrical installations/equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned electrical equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that electrical practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform PM electrical inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct electrical installations and upgrades/ modification as required.
- Removal of electrical components & replacement.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills and develop full potential.
- Provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to national personnel.
- Electrical Trade (A Grade License Certification or Equivalent)
- High Voltage Switching Operator certificate.
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure electrical infrastructure and equipment and other assets are maintained to high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times.
- The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays.
- High level understanding of electrical reticulation, planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, electrical diagrams is essential in performance of this role
Experience and competencies needed:
- Minimum 5years of experience working in Surface and underground electrical environment.
- Highly experienced in all areas of electrical maintenance inclusive of 550v, 1000v, and 6.6kv associated with electrical reticulation of mechanized mine.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.