We are “Reconnecting a Better World” through our best-in-class team of dedicated, passionate, and highly trained aviation professionals. We have been awarded “Ground Handler of the Year” for eight consecutive years and are committed to our Vision of being the world’s most admired air services provider. Led from our Global Headquarters in Dubai and with international and domestic operations spanning six continents, our Mission is to deliver the promises our customers make. If you’re looking for a highly rewarding career in aviation services, you’re looking for dnata!
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 129 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
dnata Zanzibar are looking for enthusiastic, customer orientated team members to join our Customer Service team on a Fixed-Term Contract basis. ***Please note, this particular opportunity is open to Tanzanian Nationals only***
Successful candidates will deliver a high standard service and travel experience to the passengers at the designated area of work (such as Check-in, Boarding, Baggage Arrivals, etc…) in a safe, efficient and timely manner ensuring compliance with agreed airline standards and International / Local regulations pertaining to safety, security and border controls.
- Discusses safety concerns openly and reports them to the team leader on shift
- Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Follows all relevant customer service and airlines specific policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in line with regulations and SLAs
- Follows day-to-day operations related to own job and be available on the assigned task in a timely manner
- Assists in Checks check-in areas to ensure that they are functional to avoid any potential delays or disruption of the operation and ensures work area is presentable to customers
- Assists passengers using the check-in systems ensuring full compliance with regulatory, dnata and SLAs including but not limited to, checking passengers’ tickets and passports, allocating seats, weighing luggage, adding excess charges and asking passengers security questions
- Greets passengers as they enter the terminal and provide direction to check in counters, immigration counters and boarding gates
- Verifies border control requirements for immigration and ensures passengers have the required documents and updates passengers’ document details in the system with the information
- Checks the passengers’ baggage acceptance and ensures alignment with international / local / dangerous goods, safety and security regulations
- Solves issues raised by passengers during check-in, boarding or transfer and ensures that unresolved issues are communicated to the Team Leader on shift
- Uses the WorldTracer system to report delayed and / or damaged baggage ensuring the highest standards of customer service
- Guides passengers and answers their queries regarding departure times, changes to flights, upgrades, gate information, etc… to enhance the passenger travel experience
- Reports any issues occurring on-shift to the concerned team leader for follow up and action
- Assists in announcing flight related updates (boarding time, gate numbers, etc…) to ensure passengers are informed and on-time departure
- Ensures that allocated flights are opened / closed and edited as per the defined configuration and airline requirements
- Assists in ensuring that passengers are boarding on the right flight and that their profile is correctly updated and visible on the system
- Responsible for the health and safety duty of care at the workplace.
- Ensure to report any hazards, injuries, ill-health or near miss to your supervisor or employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gohire.io.