Job Brief: IT SUPPORT ENGINEERPalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania and expanding to other markets this year. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.IT Support Duties and Responsibilities*
- Installing, Configuring maintaining and Troubleshooting of Network Equipment’s: Cisco/Mikrotik Router, Switches, cabling standards, Wireless technologies (Split-MAC Architecture) of Cisco/Ubiquiti Access Points.
- Responsible for the design & Management LANs, WANs internet/intranet, and VOIP communication services.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network connected end-user hardware, software, and peripheral devices and performs equipment repair or upgrades when appropriate.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Installs and maintains network file servers and network operating systems; ensures that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at separate location; maintains system documentation.
- Provides second level technical support to users concerning network system operations.
- Installs, configures, computer systems, and maintains multi-user software.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Responsible for Computer Hardware Repair/Troubleshooting of Microsoft Window OS issues.
- Installation and Maintenance of company Network Printer/Scanners, IP CCTV Surveillance
- Security Cameras and Access Control System with their associated internetworks.
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Give Report on IT Operation and Device Status with Network device performance and Providing technical advice on selection and purchase of IT equipment
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an IT Personnel
- Knowledge of systems engineering, computer maintenance, server administration, installation, repair and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer networking, LAN, WLAN installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Good interpersonal skills, should be able to interact with all staff across all level and cadre
- Creative, open to new ideas and ability to multi-task effectively
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.