JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
Dar es Salaam, 02, TZ, 00000
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
IT Business Solutions Analyst
What this position is about – Purpose:
On this position, you will serve as a primary liaison for the business community. You will be responsible for conducting the initial assessment of the technology requirements of respective business functions. You will work with business power users to ensure that IT change requests to support the Market/Factory’s growth and transformation objectives are in line with strategic priorities and JTI’s IT change management process. You will provide the necessary support to successfully complete the business requirements analysis and solution evaluation and selection, while complying with JTI IT and Corporate governance standards, You will also assist in the planning and execution of approved projects, and provides project administration support, including project budgeting, procurement and billing, while at the same time ensuring effective and efficient on-going day-to-day operations.
What will you do – Responsibilities:
Business Relationship Management
- Develop a strong relationship and work closely with the business community, leveraging commercial knowledge to drive the assessment of specific technology requirements to enable respective business functions to achieve ASP targets
- Communicate findings to the IT Business Solutions Manager to ensure alignment with established business priorities, and to aid in (1) formulating the right solution strategy for the Market/Factory and (2) managing the demand for IT solutions and services
- Provide effective communication to relevant parties
Business Transformation / Change Management
- Proactively look for potential business improvements and support designated business power users to formally raise requisite IT change requests to support these business transformation initiatives, ensuring compliance with JTI’s IT change management process
- Conduct an initial assessment and provide timely feedback on potential issues/risks, and implement subsequent change requests for solution enhancements
- Support the Business Solutions Manager in coordinating Corporate project teams for respective implementation/modification of the corporate IT systems (SAP HANA, TME Connect, etc.). Actively contribute to the implementation of Market/Factory solutions covering the functionality required by business functions but not existing in the corporate IT systems portfolio. Coordinate programming interfaces between these solutions and corporate IT systems being part of the responsibility
- Through proactive business involvement, drive the completion of the detailed functional and technical analysis of business transformation and change initiatives
- Responsible for completing the required documentation, and ensuring adherence to JTI quality standards
- Collect business requirements and convert them into technical requirements, followed by coordinating the sign-off process and assist with effort estimation
- Support the preparation of test scenarios and test cases
Solution Design, Delivery and Project Management
- Provide coordination support during the solution evaluation and selection process
- Assist in formulating the operational support model and in delivering the required knowledge transfer and solution documentation
- Assist in the planning and execution of solution implementation projects
- Coordinate onsite project activities and ensure that business operations are not adversely affected during project execution
- Provide project administration support, including but not limited to budget tracking, project documentation, task scheduling, and project logistics
- Assist IT Project Managers in assessing project go-live readiness
- Support the local roll-out of global solutions
Security, Business Continuity, Compliance & Governance
- Through a partnership with the IT user community, stay up-to-date on business initiatives requiring technology implementation, making sure that IT is involved from the initial stage
- Monitor compliance of IT solution implementation projects vis-a-vis IT standards, policies and procedures, and applicable J-Sox and IT risk controls
- Support the development, implementation and execution of the IT Services part of the IT Service Continuity Plan
- Contribute to the management of respective regular activities including review, testing and backup resource planning
- Assist in evaluating the feasibility of leveraging existing solutions to optimize expected benefits and total cost of ownership
- Provide the necessary support to evaluate the IT cost impact of solution(s) to be implemented, including comparative cost-benefit analysis
Who are we looking for – Requirements:
- University Degree in Computer or Technical Science, or strong IT background
- 3-5 years experience in the IT discipline. Preferred background of employment experience in multinational companies.
- Good working knowledge of business and related processes in the FMCG industry
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in at least 2 of the following new technology trends: Mobile applications development, Cloud SAAS solutions, Digital route to market, New generation Business Intelligence solutions (Tableau, Qlik, MS Power BI, Tibco, Spotfire, etc.)
- Business requirements analysis
- Exposure to solutions design and architecture (business applications and IT infrastructure) including, but not limited to, interface design, capacity planning and scalability
- Project implementation and administration support
- Exposure to supplier management
- Sense of urgency and a clear understanding of priorities and strategic importance
- Can work independently with minimum supervision, but ensures clear understanding of expected outcome; highly organized, proven self-starter
- Team-oriented, and able to network and establish good connections
- Creative, innovative, enterprising, ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo; proactive, eager to learn and keep pace with business and technology trends
- Excellent communication skills
What are the next steps – Recruitment process:
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
We provide feedback to all applicants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jti.com.