Are you excited about the investment opportunities hidden in Africa and emerging markets and want to work in a fast-growing organisation, where we put supporting entrepreneurs at the core of what we do?
Who we are
Seedstars is an investment holding on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
The company works with the private and public sector to implement entrepreneurial capacity-building programs that are designed to support entrepreneurs in all stages of their company lifecycle.
To further support the next generation of changemakers, it provides digital skills and company-based immersive education.
Finally, the company partners and invests in venture capital funds in emerging markets and makes direct co- and follow-on investments in their portfolio companies.
About Seedstars Capital
Seedstars Capital is an alternative investment platform specialized in emerging markets.
The platform partners and invests in emerging venture capital fund managers active in complementary sectors in the Pre-Seed to Series A stages across emerging markets and makes direct co- and follow-on investments in their portfolio companies.
About the job
We are looking for an investment manager to join the “Seedstars Capital” team to create and manage a portfolio of high-growth and impact-oriented companies in Africa with a focus on companies that are improving the wellbeing of young people.
The role involves sourcing and screening investment opportunities in the continent and collaborating closely with other colleagues on the ground. Given the regional nature of the job, it may require extensive travel throughout the continent to visit key ecosystems and meet with stakeholders. This is a fully remote opportunity.
- Source, screen and negotiate new investment opportunities in Africa (incl North Africa)
- Lead investment’s due diligence, analysis and presentation to the Investment Committee
- Build and develop relationships with Angel Networks, VC funds and leading ecosystem enablers
- Support portfolio companies post investment and drive exit opportunities
- Support with LP reporting
- 5+ years experience in VC or PE, preferably in Africa or other emerging markets
- Passion for high-growth ventures and technology, particularly in Africa or emerging markets
- Knowledge of technology and market trends
- Highly developed financial and analytical skills
- Deep investment structuring know-how
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Based on the African continent
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working remotely with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- Competitive compensation including salary and performance based remuneration through a carry plan
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work where, when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places where we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.