- Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has approximately 415,000 professionals all committed to becoming the standard of excellence of professional services firms.
Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities, and enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. All our professionals are united by our shared values, a set of core principles that guide our collective behavior. They set the expectations we have for one another and define how we, as stewards of Deloitte, should behave. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. And, importantly, they help us to earn the trust and respect of our key stakeholders. Our shared values are: Lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector; with offices in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of the job
Deloitte’s International Affairs and Development sub-sector for Africa provides services to a variety of government and development partners in the fields of Economic Infrastructure, Public Financial Governance and Human and Social Development. Our Africa practice is recruiting for an Industry Strategist, International Affairs and Development to advise and support the International Affairs and Development sub-sector within Deloitte Africa’s Government and Public Services Industry across Africa. This position is based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. This is a multi-dimensional role with a number of focus areas including providing expertise and advice to Deloitte leaders on key development priorities and trends, strategy development, business development, pursuit coordination and reporting, capability building, continuous improvement and thought leadership. The Industry Strategist will report directly to the Industry Programme and Clients & Industries Director and administratively to the International Affairs and Development Sub-Sector leader for Africa.
- Market research – Conduct research on global and local trends in the international affairs and development sector and work with client account teams to understand donor-specific priorities, strategies and key stakeholders;
- Industry strategy – Work together with industry and priority client account teams to develop and monitor Deloitte Africa’s international affairs and development strategy across Deloitte’s various service lines, market offerings and geographies;
- Business development – Contribute to business development activities through qualifying and assessing opportunities, developing capability statements, expression of interests, proposals, pipeline monitoring and tracking, and maintaining a database of CVs for key experts and relevant qualifications;
- Coordination and reporting – Facilitate and manage a range of coordination meetings across Deloitte’s industries, clients, service lines and geographies in Africa and globally together with the relevant leaders;
- Capability Development – Build capabilities of Deloitte professionals across all service lines and client account teams to increase their business development skills through the development and delivery of specialized training to staff on pursuit management and proposal writing and learning programs;
- Continuous Improvement – Define and propose ways to improve processes and systems to proactively enhance Deloitte’s response to key development priorities, opportunity tracking, positions and partnerships and optimize business development processes; and
- Thought Leader – Lead and contribute to thought leadership on pertinent topics in the development and humanitarian sector in writing and by presenting at conferences and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent in Business Administration or related field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of donor procurement processes across a range of international donors – multi-lateral, bi-lateral, philanthropic foundations;
- Previous experience working with an international NGO or development partner, preferably in the business development function; and
- At least 5 years of experience working across a diverse portfolio of development projects
- Emotional Intelligent
- Effective Communication
- Manages Ambiguity and Complexity
- Innovates and Embraces Change
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
This position is on a two-year renewable contract, with possibility of permanent employment. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their CV and Certificates will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 28 May 2023
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.