The Immunization Intern will report to Immunization Advisor and in collaboration with Regional Technical Officers, Immunization intern will conduct immunization monitoring to accelerate immunization interventions implementation in the project supported regions and Zanzibar to follow up on action plans implementation. Immunization intern will also work in collaboration with Immunization Advisor and cluster leads in compiling regional reports and supporting other program duties as assigned including logistics in program management.
After completion of the internship, the Intern will be knowledgeable on Immunization programming, implementation, monitoring immunization quality and facilitating development of action plans. The intern will also be conversant on Routine Immunization system approaches including Reach every child (REC) approach and its monitoring mechanisms including REC process indicator tracking tools. S/he will also be equipped with program management, report writing skills and documentation of immunization successes. The internship Program will be based in Mwanza.
This position will be closed on February 17, 2024
- Assist the Immunization advisor in the development of regional and district performance progress reports
- In collaboration with Regional TOs will conduct monitoring visitsto regions and districtsto track progress and provide support to accelerate improvement plans.
- Collaborate with the Regional TOs to prepare and present weekly activity implementation progress.
- Assist the Regional TOs in preparing monthly performance reports to inform the program implementation in their regions.
- Assist in facilitating immunization reviews with project Cluster Leads and Regional Technical Officers and R/CHMTs • Assist in documenting immunization achievements to inform effective immunization programming and design.
- Assist in activity implementation and tracking performance to help inform pause and reflect sessions with regional TOs and R/CHMT
- Write activity reports in all assigned tasks
- Support other program duties as assigned including logistics in field level program managemen
- Recent graduate with bachelor’s degree in environmental health sciences or related field.
- Knowledge in Immunization and vaccine development (IVD) program and sub-national levels
- Completed academic internship with assignments on immunization.
- Must be a self-directed individual who has multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience working with MOH and PORALG on information systems especially Vaccine information management system (VIMS) and personnel is an added benefit.
- Good analytical, oral and report- writing skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, excel and power point.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the staff time.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.