Inventions Technologies Co Ltd
IT PROJECT LEAD
The position of IT project manager consists of planning, initiating, and managing information technology (IT) projects. It also consists of leading and guiding the work of technical staff, serving as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage, and monitoring progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of assigned projects.
- Coordinating project team members, developing schedules and individual responsibilities.
- Using project management tools to track project performance, Budget, and schedule adherence.
- Develop or update project plans for assigned projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Conducting risk assessments for assigned projects.
- Handling all logistics from ordering to delivery of all products associated to the projects.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum a Degree in Computing, Engineering, Telecommunication or Electronics science and data communication
- At least two (2) years’ experience in the IT field and Project management.
- Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Procurement and Logistics will be an added advantage.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- In possession of adequate knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Information technology areas such as PC, servers, systems and applications.
- Good understanding of the building blocks in the telecommunication industry.
- Sound understanding of business concepts and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed/instructed.
– Dar es Salaam