Rotana Hotels & Resorts
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self-motivated Food and Beverage professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Hostess you are responsible to receive and give a warm welcome to our Guests, providing an efficient and courteous approach at all times. Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Offer consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service
- Welcome Guests to the assigned outlet, receive and conduct Guests to tables, ensure that they are attended to and be available for them at all times as a point of contact
- Take outlet reservations, handle the reservation book and answer the telephone in an impeccable manner
- Set up the outlet prior to the business hours along with the service team
- Coordinate with the service team in making necessary arrangements according to floor plan for reservations or blocking off reserved tables
- Observe the cleanliness and maintenance of the outlet and the entrance area
- Assure the well-being of all Guests by maintaining a close, friendly, yet discrete contact
- Be aware of all menus and ongoing promotions in the outlet by heart in order to recommend if a Guest requests
- Contribute in setting up the outlets database
- Reassure the Guests’ satisfaction upon their departure
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Food and Beverage Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job
To apply for this job please visit www.rotanacareers.com.