ThinkWell is seeking an experienced professional with combined expertise in health financing and pharmaceutical supply chain management based in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and emerging markets in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean in anticipation of a large upcoming USAID project. We are recruiting for several potential roles and welcome applications from individuals with 10+ years of experience providing health financing technical assistance in the global health and development sector.
To be competitive for these roles, you should be recognized in your technical area (health financing and policy, strategic purchasing, health insurance, provider payment mechanisms, costing, resource tracking and mobilization, supply chain financing, medicines access, market access, or market shaping). In this role, you will be responsible for high-quality technical project execution while contributing to overall organization success.
These roles are contingent upon funding.
Technical Assistance & Strategic Engagement:
- Provide expert technical assistance to guarantee superior program outcomes in our specialization domain. This involves high-level interactions with national-level officials, including ministers and principal secretaries
- Spearhead health financing and supply chain studies, ensuring successful execution and insightful assessments
Program Planning & Partner Coordination:
- Lead in work planning and seamlessly coordinate with external partners. Drive engagement in collaborative projects, ensuring alignment and efficiency
- Craft and implement comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning frameworks, complete with relevant tools, indicators, and strategic plans
Team Leadership & Professional Development:
- Recruit, mentor, and support exceptional team members, fostering their growth in technical areas. Oversee technical team members directly or through a dotted-line management approach
- Collaborate internally to design and deliver technical training programs, enhancing staff professional development
Data Analysis & Software Proficiency:
- Utilize advanced quantitative skills, including sophisticated data analysis and statistical interpretation. Proficiency in statistical software (e.g., Stata) and Excel is essential for providing analytical solutions to health financing, costing, and economic evaluation challenges
Health Financing & Policy Expertise:
- Offer senior-level expertise in quantitative and qualitative health financing analyses, policy development, and research. Key focus areas include unit costing, health budget analysis, insurance benefits package design, resource mobilization, and evaluating health system and supply chain reforms
- Design and implement capacity-building strategies tailored to meet stakeholder needs in the areas of financing and pharmaceutical supply chain management.
- Develop and oversee a range of training programs and workshops. These should be aimed at both internal staff and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment with ThinkWell’s objectives and industry best practices
- Utilize a blend of traditional and innovative training methodologies to maximize learning and engagement, including interactive workshops, and mentorship programs
Thought Leadership & Visibility:
- Publish papers, articles, and blogs, and present at conferences or technical working groups. Share insights and results related to ThinkWell projects, establishing the firm as a leader in the field
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 10+ years of experience or graduate degree and 8+ years of experience. Degrees in health financing, supply chain management, economics, health economics, public health, or other related degrees preferred.
- Substantive, relevant work experience in health systems with a development agency, NGO or government. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Previous experience and proven track record in providing technical advice to high-level stakeholders on health financing topics.
- Expertise on research and assessment design related to health financing.
- A strong understanding of the current health financing and pharmaceutical supply chain landscape in your country
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering capacity building related to health financing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external strategic partners, donors, and stakeholders
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
At ThinkWell, we understand that excellence comes in many forms and experiences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We believe in the potential of all individuals and encourage those who may not meet every single listed qualification to still consider applying. Here at ThinkWell, it’s not just about ticking boxes – it’s about breaking barriers and building a team that is committed to making bold change.
Please submit a CV in English detailing your experience with health financing and supply chain strengthening. If you meet many but not all our qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.