NMB Bank Plc
NMB BANK PLC – EMPLOYER VALUE PROPOSITION
“Trust Us with Your Growth”
We are a leading bank, committed to your growth and welfare. Join our team of best talents in the market, together we will continue to impact and transform lives through meaningful work, innovative products and solutions while driving the sustainability agenda. We are renowned for investing, nurturing and transforming careers. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has led us to become the first financial institution in Africa to attain the most coveted EDGE Certification (EDGE Assess). We are more than a bank.
Driving strategy and agile execution of software engineering initiatives while ensuring developed software meets the highest standards of quality, scalability, and security.
Team Leadership, Strategy & Planning
- Lead and manage a team of talented senior managers, managers, and software developers, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the team’s success in delivering high-quality software solution.
- Lead and manage the Software Development Houses and their resources used by / working with the bank in carrying out various software development engagements and projects.
- Establish and drive the Software Engineering strategy within the bank, enabling the bank to gain digital value creation with high pace, quality, and agility.
- Plan for team growth considering the blend/level of skills required within the time while also remaining on top of staff resourcing.
- Strategically oversee both product and bespoke code base platform definition and implementation, while managing and supporting the inherited legacy code bases.
- Continuously review project progress and the performance of all team members while offering coaching and performance management where necessary.
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision-making throughout the team, including standardization of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practices, source control, and deployment processes.
- Make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally.
- Provide relevant advice and recommendations to the bank’s management on all matters pertaining to software development.
Software Development & Quality Assurance
- Keep up to date and ensure the entire team is kept up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Drive consistent Software Engineering standards and approaches throughout the team.
- Drive delivery of well-written, clean, healthy, well-structured, well-tested, and well-documented code that is consistently error-free.
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team.
- Oversee the software quality assurance by ensuring software testing strategies and plans are defined, and executed, defects are reported, tracked using bug-tracking systems (e.g. Bugzilla, Mantis etc.), and appropriately remediated.
- Lead and drive systems and process automation within the bank using artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, chatbots, etc. to offer digital self-services and seamless experience to customers.
Communication and Problem Solving
- Take control over critical support instances and put into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve the issues as soon as possible.
- Encourage proactive discussions with various stakeholders including business units, and other technology functions.
- Instigate cross-team ideas and initiatives – to bring products and services together.
- Support the Bank’s business development engagements with pre-sale activities, contributing to RFPs where appropriate and assisting in large pitches to potential clients where required.
- Oversee the technical strategy and implementation of our own internal development stream activities – to make sure they apply to the same standards that we would expect for client work.
- Govern, oversee, and drive DevOps adoption and implementation with the bank to offer secure continuous delivery of technology services.
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Software development and delivery practices and methodologies including Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Extensive knowledge of Software Quality Assurance approaches.
- In-depth knowledge of various Software Engineering technology stack and associated tools.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top-quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills·
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise, and effective approach to problem-solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking.
- Strong Leadership, professional attitude – and leading by example.
- Highly self-motivated, and driven.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Software Engineering, or a relate field.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage·
- A senior-level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience of at least seven (7) years.
- Experience in leading a team of developers for at least 3 years·
- Passionate about Software Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies·
- Experience in advising key stakeholders at senior and ExCo levels.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies·
- Experience in managing, directing, and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce. Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nmbbank.co.tz.