Barrick Gold Corporation
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geological Database Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align with the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note must have experience in the exploration and gold mining industry. Worked in various projects ranging from Exploration to Mining, in the country and abroad. Gained practical experience in database migrations and database validation as database management. Good knowledge and experience in SML and PL management. In accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geological Database Administrator
- Database management: with the example, the required candidate for this position is required to assist the Database Administrators to administer the day-to-day administration of the database.
- DataShed DB and QAQCR: As Geological Database Assistant it is required of you to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of DataShed database and QAQCR applications. Candidates with previous experience using DataShed database and QAQCR at all levels will be highly considered for this position.
- Data validation: Data validation is key for a clean geological database; hence the candidate will require to demonstrate a high level of understanding of data validation.
- Data and data types: With examples, the required candidate for this position is required to clearly explain the concept of different geological data and data types and how this concept is linked to database integrity.
- Drilling: Understanding of different drilling types is key for a geological database. The required candidate should have a good knowledgeable level of different drilling types, equipment used and be able to explain how this knowledge is linked to a geological database.
- Database integrity: With examples the required candidate for this position is required to clearly demonstrate the concept of data and database integrity.
- Sampling theory: The required candidate is required to demonstrate a good level of understanding of the concept of sampling theory.
- Laboratory Assaying Protocols: The required candidate is required to show a reasonable-level understanding of the laboratory assaying protocols regarding gold assaying analyses.
- QAQC Procedures: The required candidate is required to demonstrate how conversant he/she is with the concept of quality assurance and quality control.
- Reporting: Required candidate should be able to explain what reporting entails regarding geological databases and assay QAQC.
- Downhole surveying tools: Downhole data is part of the data that makes a geological database. The required candidate should be able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of different types of downhole survey tools and how are they linked to geological databases.
- IMDEX HUB: Technology and automation of data synchronization are key to avoiding human errors introduced to the data from its raw status to the point it gets to the database. The required candidate is required to demonstrate how IMDEX HUB works regarding geological databases.
- SAP Software: The required candidate should be able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of SAP software, as is it required of the candidate to administer day-to-day SAP-related activities for the MRM department.
- Office Administration: The required candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate the ability to run day-to-day office administration tasks for the MRM department.
- Deliverables: The required candidate for the position should be able to demonstrate the ability to timely deliver the required quality outputs.
- Degree /Diploma in Geology or Similar qualification in the workplace
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in the Exploration and gold mining industry
- Previous experience in database migrations and database validation as database management
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good computer skills, MS Office software, Datashed Database, QAQCR, SAP, IMDEX HUB etc.
- Time Management & Planning
- Communication Skills English and Swahili
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.