About the job
Role ProfileManage the frontline fulfilment process in the market as part of delivering its overall operational objectives. You will be responsible for the day-to-day warehousing and dispatch operations for the market to ensure the company’s targets and objectives on inventory and order fulfilment processes are met. Guarantee operational processes and standards are followed and oversee all housekeeping standards while driving continuous improvement at the market level.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Inbound outbound Management: Responsible for both inbound and outbound operations of the market. Assure on-time in full deliveries as the set company targets and assure the defined warehousing and dispatch costs are maintained per set targets. Ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely, precise manner including management of customer returns per the agreed standards.
- Inventory Management: Deliver 100% Inventory Accuracy while working with the defined stakeholders to minimize stock-outs and damages while driving proper stock handling to minimize losses in damages.
- Operational Excellence: Lead identification and closure of Continuous Improvement Initiatives within the framework of Lean Principles within the warehouse. Execute all operations activities such as stock taking, physical inventory count, inventory accuracy in allocation, consumption levels and order fulfilment. Actively engage in route planning and delivery schedules to ensure all deliveries and completed within the allocated delivery windows.
- People Management:Coach and manage associates (from third-party providers) to deliver shared objectives. Ensure the completion of daily tasks and responsibilities; resolve issues preventing the completion of tasks. Build a team philosophy and cultivate a team atmosphere by working with the team to achieve the company’s targets and objectives. Train new employees in company policies and procedures, as well as product knowledge. Inculcate the company culture among team members and third-party partners and providers.
- Compliance:Assure compliance to Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety and any identified requirements; compliance to all laid down Fulfilment SOPs and associated business processes.
- Reporting:Develop and present reports on inventory accuracy, order fulfilment, transport costs for the market, and order cancellation among other key aspects in warehousing & dispatch.
- A minimum of five years of experience in supply chain management (warehousing & dispatch) in a busy-paced environment;
- At least 2 years experience in a Supervisory role;
- Bachelor’s degree (or Diploma with at least 3 years demonstrated progressive career growth) in Sciences, Engineering, Computing, Economics, Accounting and Analytics;
- Professional qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management;
- Tech Savvy and proficiency in warehousing systems, data entry software/systems, and computer systems including Microsoft Suite;
- Membership in an appropriate professional body is an added advantage;
- Physical stamina, ability to work long hours on one’s feet;
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Experience in an FMCG or Retail background is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience handling route planning and mapping to yield maximum returns
- An open-minded professional who pays keen attention to detail.
- At home with numbers and frameworks. Strong numerical, data and root cause analysis skills;
- Calm under pressure; able to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- A people person who’s passionate about coaching diverse functional frontline team members to deliver stretch targets.
- Always learning; passionate about lean thinking and principles.
- Operational Excellence;
- Analytical Mindset;
- Problem Solving;
- Attention to Detail;
- People Management;
- Tech Savvy.
About The Company
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
To apply for this job please visit kyosk.hire.trakstar.com.