Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit Fuel and Lubricant Supervisor to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity.
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach.
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose.
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy.
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable.
- Committing to Zero Harm.
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Fuel and Lubricant receipt and issue.
- Ensure that the fuel offloading and dispensing is carried out safely.
- Ensure that the accurate quantity of fuel is registered.
- Maintain the data accuracy, and reconciliations of stock on hand versus system records.
- Manage and monitor lubricant consumption.
- Generate management reports.
- Monitor the stock on hand as per the Supply chain KPI recommendation.
- Ensure that all Safety, Health and Environmental standards are in place.
- Check and approve invoices from fuel suppliers.
- Maintain the register regarding the receiving and the consumption.
- Any other task in line with the position assigned by the superintendents or the management.
- Ensure there is stock available in the warehouse for the consumables being used by the fuel section.
- Collaborate closely with the maintenance team (on maintenance schedule) to ensure there is availability of Equipment daily, facilitating seamless operations.
- Supervise fuel attendants and browser operators.
- Ensure timely calibration of meters and tanks is executed.
- Supervise housekeeping.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in fuel management background desired.
- Hold a valid Tanzanian driver’s license.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Extensive on-the-job training.
- An understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
Experience and competencies needed.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar industry.
- Experience in machine operation in any large mining operation.
- Driving Ability with a valid driving license.
- Understand the content and operation mechanism of the interfaces between books and supplies as finance.
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to write reports related.
- Be familiar with inventory management software.
- Have very good knowledge of Excel.
- Have self-control and know how to manage work-related stress.
- Have leadership and personality.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.