The School Of St Jude
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you love creating engaging and successful content for a good cause? Are you passionate about fundraising? Do you have experience leading a team? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
– You are a true believer in the organisation’s mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on an individual, their community, and their country.
– You love marketing, communications, creating change and driving an impact through your work.
– You are a natural storyteller with robust communication skills, particularly in writing and public relations.
– You have solid experience in thinking holistically about an organisation, its growth and how its mission can be described, shared and converted into raising funds.
– The idea of creating and measuring fundraising campaigns through a variety of channels energises you.
– You get excited understanding an organisation’s distinct language and culture and translating that to a local and international market.
– You are interested in leading, growing and developing a team who are learning in the marketing space.
– You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing.
– You go to sleep at night dreaming about how to create the most informative, compelling and engaging content.
– As the Marketing Specialist, you will develop and execute marketing campaigns, oversee the organisation’s communications and fundraising activities, and drive awareness and engagement for St Jude’s to a local and international audience.
– You will work within our Head Office to lead and support a diverse team of six people, ensuring all jobs are tracked effectively and stakeholders are aware of progress.
– You will have this innate ability to be able to understand and translate the school’s mission into well-crafted stories that resonate with supporters and drive donations.
– You will identify ways to increase the effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts including paid advertising.
– You will develop marketing strategies, annual work timelines and create and manage the Marketing budget.
– You will manage the design and production of all promotional materials such as, newsletters, brochures, communications to sponsors and donors, social media and the school’s website.
– You will lead our brand, ensuring all St Jude’s marketing materials align with our tone of voice, language and style guidelines.
– 3+ years’ experience in a similar role at a similar level.
– Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience, in marketing, digital marketing, public relations, or communications.
– Demonstrated success in executing marketing and fundraising activities, particularly in the charity sector.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to write and edit content across a variety of channels.
– Demonstrated skills and experience in the development of high-quality, targeted communications and marketing materials using language guidelines.
– Proven ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting team priorities and ensuring open communication.
– Experience using Google Analytics, collecting, and reporting on digital data.
– Digital marketing campaign experience including paid advertising for social media.
– Naturally inquisitive, thrives on troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
– A natural born leader, with strong organisational skills, impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage time efficiently
– Comfortable liaising at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
– Experience in fundraising or not-for profit marketing roles, specifically marketing to a Tanzanian/East African audience as well as an international audience.
– Leadership experience or training.
– Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud suite including, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
– Commitment to fighting poverty through education and previous experience in the not-for-profit sector.
– Understanding and experience with CRM systems, email builders, and content management systems (WordPress).
– Team player that loves to share ideas with an upbeat positive attitude, you thrive on creating challenges, and have a great sense of humour!
– The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania.
– A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
– International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives.
– Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
– 28 days annual leave per 12 month period (pro-rated for contracts less than 12 months).
– A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
– Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
International applicants are highly encouraged to apply. You must be willing to relocate to Arusha, Tanzania for a minimum 24 month commitment.
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/MKT/01/23)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 31st MARCH 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!