Chemonics seeks a Finance and Operations Director for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity in Tanzania. This Activity will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition and WASH-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
The Finance and Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, compliance, and reporting. S/he will provide financial management and administration of the contract, and management support and oversight in the implementation of the Activity.
• Coordinate with the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion and that funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies;
• Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly project office accounts;
• Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities;
• Ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, including fraud and risk mitigation practices;
• Oversee procurement efforts for the activity in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, agreement/contract requirements, and Chemonics policies;
• Supervise Finance and HR team to ensure Activity is in alignment with all local labor laws;
• Work with Activity and subcontractor staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately accounts for Activity funds;
• Oversee development, implementation of and compliance with organizational manuals/policies;
• Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management
• Master’s Degree or CPA in a related field;
• Seven to ten years of management level experience in a relevant field;
• Demonstrated success in managing finances for organizations with multi-million dollar annual budgets;
• Demonstrated experience supporting and working with activity technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures;
• Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software;
• Demonstrated success in managing grants including risk assessment and capacity building for grant-worthiness;
• Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting and;
• Strong English speaking and writing language skills
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.