Ubongo is a non-profit social enterprise that creates and distributes fun, localized educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 32 million families with Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones.
Ubongo’s target is to reach 3.5 million last mile kids and families including refugees off grid areas and other underserved children in Tanzania
We are looking for Field Distribution Officers, who will work as part-time consultants to boost our efforts to reach kids and families with our content in underserved communities.
This role is perfect for someone with a ‘figure-it-out’ attitude. Working in the field requires you to be able to think on your feet. The role will involve traveling across different communities in the various localities of Tanzania to distribute Ubongo content via USBs, CDs, printables and other technologies used by the local community. The ideal candidate will be someone with great communication and people skills who can connect with different groups of people like government officials, parents, local shopkeepers, religious leaders, community radio station owners, and kids and caregivers.
- Check out our website version of Ubongo Toolkits
- Check out this infographic about Ubongo Toolkits
- Visit various centres to share Ubongo content via USBs, CDs, printables etc
- Continuously be on the lookout for new ways to reach the most underserved kids
- Gather and share lessons from the field with regard to what does and doesn’t work when sharing content with underserved communities
- Document lessons daily and share feedback weekly in the form of presentations.
- Maintain a complete record of areas visited including contacts and medium used to distribute content to get information on how the content is used
- Follow up in person or via phone with all the people with whom the contact is shared
- Reach children in underserved communities in Tanzania with Ubongo content
- Visit multiple locations on the ground to distribute Ubongo content area wise
- Create a distribution plan by breaking down geographic and demographic areas to target systematically
- Identify places (app installation stalls/local cinemas/any other relevant locations) and ‘supply chains’ where content can be shared
- Travel across the assigned region of to assess distribution channels and build networks and partnerships to distribute the content to kids
- Maintain an updated database of areas visited including contacts and medium used to distribute content
- Orient users on how to access and use various Ubongo content and platforms.
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO BE:
- Candidates living in Mtwara, Ruvuma, Iringa, Zanzibar are preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communication skills acknowledging different cultural contexts
- Willing to do more with less
- Ability to travel with bodas,where necessary
- Able to keep clear and concise reports
- A tech all-rounder – able to do things like sideload apps, convert video and audio files to different formats, troubleshoot problems
- Own a smartphone
- Be an Ubongo Ambassador
DEADLINE:The last day to receive applications for this position will be 17/03/2023
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be directed to apply online
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UBONGO provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws of the country we are operating in.
To apply for this job please visit ubongo.bamboohr.com.