About the job
Published: 27th February, 2023
Deadline to Apply: 14th March, 2023
Duration: 1-year consultancy contract with a possible extension into a full-time role
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 32 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our shows Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Chichewa, and Juba Arabic.
Job Position: We are looking for an Events & Communications Consultant. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, and plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible Events and Communications Consultant to expand and improve our communications department.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior Strategic Communications Manager and Director of Communications & Development,
You will work collaboratively with our teams in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Rwanda, Malawi, and South Africa to help increase awareness of our brand and campaigns amongst key stakeholders including development partners, potential funders, policy-makers, government officials, educators, caregivers, kids and the public at large. This role involves planning stakeholder events, reaching out to corporate and development partners, and finding different opportunities to tell our story through traditional and digital media, events and conferences, and relationship building.
- Lead and manage 25 small to large-scale stakeholder meetings and events across Africa
- Lead planning and execution of conferences and stakeholder events across different markets
- Liaise with vendors and event partners (venues, caterers, media, content providers, etc.)
- Secure event partnerships with external organizations
- Prepare narrative and quantitative reports from events
- Support country teams in planning and implementation of audience (B2C) events like roadshows and watch parties
- Support with the implementation of communication and marketing campaigns targeted at our B2B audience
- Work with Senior Strategic Communications Manager to create and execute PR and media outreach strategy
- Provide press and media content and information needed
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including NGOs, corporates, schools, partners, government officials, and service providers
- Create and manage the dissemination of communication materials, including press releases, articles, pitch decks, campaign briefs, case studies, corporate website content, B2B video scripts, and blog posts.
- Manage content creation for Ubongo corporate channels – YouTube, website, newsletter, LinkedIn
- Create and manage content calendar for dissemination of all B2B content/thought leadership via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Create and disseminate monthly newsletters for our B2B audience
- Write case studies, copy for infographics, B2B short video scripts, and white papers about Ubongo, our partnerships, and areas of expertise
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- You love what we do, and are driven by our mission and value.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations/or proven experience in these fields.
- 3+ years of professional experience in business-to-business (preferably in education but not mandatory) and managing communications resources.
- Fluent in both written and oral English and Swahili.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to adjust your writing style to fit Ubongo’s tone of voice and brand.
- Proven public speaking and pitching abilities.
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Verifiable contacts and relationships in media and the corporate world.
- Good understanding of the local context, including, how to deal with local government, culture, and community dynamics
- Extremely organized and independent, with great project management skills able to effectively plan, organize and maintain clear documentation
- Good communicator, and an empathetic pusher
- Access to a laptop and the ability to bring it to work.
- Experience working for social causes about education, children and youth, or gender is a bonus.
- Passionate about education, storytelling, and being a changemaker.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Honest, trustworthy, transparent, and conscientious.
Should be ready to start mid-April, 2023 (1-year consultancy contract with a possible extension into a full-time role)
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, flexible working hours, and working remotely and you get to watch cartoons at work.
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Just so you know, only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UBONGO provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws of the country we are operating in.
To apply for this job please visit ubongo.bamboohr.com.