At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are currently on the lookout for an experienced Engineer – Technical Services to be based at our client site in Northmara, Tanzania.
The primary purpose of this role is to support customer Technical Services requirements including a strong emphasis on Product Stewardship, delivery of measurable value to customers and sustainable revenue to Orica.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways and support into leadership or engineering specialisation.
What you will be doing
- Adhering to & being proactive in site safety promotion;
- Developing Customer Technical Relationship;
- Analysing blast measurements and assessing performance against a baseline;
- Preparation of differentiation product and services offerings;
- Managing product / service implementation projects;
- Developing case studies, Product application stewardship;
- Training and accrediting customers in Orica courses;
- Training and mentoring for Blast Technicians; operations personnel and Graduates.
What you will bring
- Degree in Mining Engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum 1 – 3 years’ experience in the mineral resources industry, preferably through multiple sites and commodities;
- Ability to undertake complex blast designs and troubleshoot customer concerns;
- Good Blasting Knowledge
- Well-developed understanding of mining processes and key drivers
- Competent with general drill & blast designs
- Competent in pre and post blast measurement and assessment techniques
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.