Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit (EFMS) Electronic Fuel Management System Technician to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity.
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach.
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose.
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy.
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable.
- Committing to Zero Harm.
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Implement and improve current fuel management systems on the North Mara Mine site.
- Inspect all equipment on the (EFMS) Electronic Fuel Management System.
- Provide pro-active assistance whilst under training on the EFMS system.
- To complete all training on, all issuing and inspections of dispensing fuel requisition forms and data collection procedures within the Optimum system.
- Ensure all data are correctly recorded doing cross-checks mechanical against electronic.
- Reconcile daily usage on the electronic system and inform deviations to the Automation Fuel System Specialist on site.
- Submit Maintenance reports on EFMS system on a daily basis.
- Record all required data changers in the data base on a daily basis.
- Communicate and ensure compliance of all procedures to fuel systems is maintained daily.
- Communicate all irregularities and faulty equipment to the Fuel and Lubricant Supervisor
- Comply with instructions from the Fuel and Lubricant Supervisor.
- Ensure timely calibration of meters and tanks is executed.
- Responsible for the fuel system Reconciliation, and Automation Fuel System technical duties.
- Ensure that all SOP are followed in repairs it the Trade Metrology act of Tanzania.
- Ensure there is enough stock on critical spares for the Lafone system.
- To assist and complete his VO States with register to the Metrology standards of Tanzania.
- Collaborate closely with the maintenance team (on maintenance schedule) to ensure there is availability of equipment daily, facilitating seamless operations.
- Conduct safety checks on all electronic equipment related to the Optimin Lafone System.
- To complete all training before being allowed to resolve issues in and on the EFMS system.
- Trade certificate from a recognized institution.
- Qualified Instrumentation technician/electrician.
- Mathematical competent.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Extensive on-the-job training.
- An understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
Experience and competencies needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ qualification experience as an Instrumentation Technician/Electrician in mine industry.
- Experience in managing System upgrades and Project costs.
- The ability to coach, mentor and train Refueling crew staff.
- Experience in System fault finding, electrical tracing and project scopes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill competencies in Electrical and Electronic systems.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate above normal scopes of working ethics.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Excellence communication skills in the English language
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- High professional conduct at all times and the ability to deal with a diverse client base.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.