Emirates Leisure Retail
About the job
Selecting and buying merchandise for Zanzibar Duty Free multi category. Co-ordinating replenishment and selection of latest items & T.R. exclusive product on defined categories. Implementing agreed business plans related to specific categories in conjunction with brand partners and agreed with Category manager and Supply chain.
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Ensuring correct retail pricing structure is in place with supply chain considering value chain and budgeted profit margins.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure the latest products are available as part of the Zanzibar Duty Free range.
- Develop detailed knowledge of relevant competitor Duty Free retail pricing.
- Study stock reports, sales reports, passenger statistics to align with supply chain team.
- Review stock sell through and suggest action to sell through slow moving stocks with category manager.
- Consult with shop floor merchandising team.
Merchandising & Display
- Quarterly range review of product assortment in conjunction with category manager to propose delists and new listings. Product or Supplier with Category Manager.
- Including: Actual Sales vs Budget/ Variance
- Actual Stock vs Budget/ Variance
- Representing the company in buying meetings, brand presentations
- Liaise with brands to ensure brand portfolios are represented accurately in store.
- Planning with supply chain for best stock level for store display and sell through rates. *Considering seasonality
- Stock turn rates. Managing slow & non-moving inventory
- Considering supplier lead times to manage in-store stock positions.
- Manage forecasted uplift in sales based on agreed promotional calendars.
- Review supplier fill rates against purchase orders in line with S.L.A’s.
- Buyer should manage and constantly update supplier Masterfile, with all relevant information:
- Supplier Code
- Supplier Name, Contacts, Bank details,
- Hold Supplier pricelist including:
- Manager agreed Commercial Terms: Currency, Delivery Terms, Terms of Credit, Track Supplier order lead times, Service level agreements. Retail Pricing Structure based on brands.
- Processing and managing all supplier communications, raising to Retail manager or Category manager where relevant.
- Monitor and share monthly supplier sales reports with relevant supplier contacts.
- Comply with all relevant company procurement policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality for all relevant company information. Holding relevant company set-up information and documentation to be shared with new supply partners.
- Previous experience in a Duty-Free buying role minimum +1 year.
- Strong Excel competency.
- Power BI
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.