IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director for an upcoming USAID opportunity for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activity in Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The project will build upon achievements of previous USAID-funded VMMC project and support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through a five-year period to reduce new HIV infections and increase ownership of the VMMC program through scaling-up and sustaining VMMC coverage of 95 percent in five USAID supported regions, provide technical support for integration of VMMC into GoT’s routine health care service, and transition the VMMC services to GoT in line with the national sustainability plan by 2028. This activity consists of three main objectives: (1) expand access to safe, high-quality VMMC services for boys and men 15 years and above, (2) increase demand for and use of VMMC services, and (3) improve country ownership for continuity of integrated sustainable VMMC services.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical and strategic guidance and oversight of the project and in representing the project to senior GoT officials at all levels and USAID. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating VMMC program planning, implementation and reporting in the supported regions, and will work very closely with the technical leads and staff overseeing the project’s major technical components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the development and implementation of the project and consistent application of evidence-based practices in all VMMC activities. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project.
- Medical Degree or a Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, International Development, or related discipline. Clinical qualifications (Doctor, Clinical officer, nurse, midwife) preferred.
- At least ten years of professional experience in HIV/AIDS program implementation in low resource settings with a minimum of five years providing technical leadership or strong project management. (For VMMC program preferred).
- Significant experience in HIV/AIDS, adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health, health system strengthening, community engagement and social behavior change communication including Human Centre Design (HCD). (Experience in VMMC programming preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of WHO, PEPFAR, and national VMMC recommendations, requirements, standards, and best practices required.
- Training experience with strong record of implementing training strategies and programs.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated strong supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to liaise, advocate and negotiate with multiple stakeholders and host country government.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge of, and familiarity with health care system in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.