EISA - Electoral Institute for Sustainable Democracy in Africa
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, the Country Director of the EISA Tanzania Office will manage the Tanzania Office and its Programmes in is objectives to contribute to improved quality of inclusive, peaceful and well managed democratic and electoral processes in Tanzania. He/She will oversee, and is ultimately responsible for, the administration, programme implementation and financial management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, programme development, and fundraising.
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate EISA’s projects/programs in Tanzania to ensure that programmatic objectives, financial requirements and reporting schedules are being met in accordance with the terms and conditions of funding agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with EISA’s key partners and election and governance stakeholders in the country.
- Ensure that programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines as well as EISA’s internal policies.
- Work with the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Unit to devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements in the delivery of outputs to better achieve intended outcomes.
- Ensure activity, organisational and partner visibility
- Ensure that EISA is well known by stakeholders ensuring that EISA has a reputation of high credibility and trust.
- Attend all relevant high-profile events.
- Liaise with organizations seeking to partner with EISA.
- Regularly produce articles and papers for the public domain.
- Quality assure publications that are produced from the Tanzania team.
- Participate in EISA’s organizational strategy and planning and ensure communication to and compliance with organizational policies in the Tanzania field office.
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed.
- Prepare internal and external reports as required.
- At least a master’s degree in political studies, Governance Development, International Relations, public administration, legal studies or a related discipline.
- Qualifications in the areas of Management, Administration and Project Management is advantageous.
- An excellent command of the English language is required for this position. A good command of the French language is highly advantageous.
- 7 – 10 Years’ working experience in a related area as an office or programme manager
- 7 – 8 Years’ senior management experience
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders, including civil society organizations, academics, political parties etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Results-focused and able to foster and maintain strong working relationships with a wide-range of personalities.
- Familiar with election and political institutions and networks in Africa.
- Familiar with Pan-African and sub-regional institutions working in the elections and political field.
- Competencies in utilising Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage high/low workload and to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Ability to create a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in constructive negotiations) in all areas (internal and external), active listening skills.
- Ability to learn from negative experiences, capitalizing on errors and seizing opportunities.
- Personal integrity and credibility.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Applications with relevant CV (maximum 3 pages), two professional references and specifying the position being applied for in the subject line should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the 23rd of February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. EISA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. EISA reserves the right not to appoint.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com