councils working closely with CHMTs and Ward Development Committees (WDCs) and Village Social Services Committee (VSSCs). The CPO uses their detailed knowledge of these local government structures, their mandates, reporting lines and contextual factors to build and maintain productive relationships with local leaders and influencers (LLIs). The CPO’s short-term objective is to increase VMMC acceptance, access and uptake to meet project targets while their long-term objective is to increase engagement, ownership and accountability to promote VMMC integration and sustainability. The CPO will be the RISE point of contact in assigned councils and will support 2-3 councils. The position will be based in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions.
This position will be closed on September 7th, 2023
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with CHMTs, WDCs and IPs to ensure productive regional, local government and community engagement and partnerships.
- Coordinate with CHMTs and WDCs to support VMMC health care providers, volunteer community advocates, community health workers and local leaders and influencers.
- Investigate local barriers and enablers of VMMC services and collaborate with CHMTs and WDCs to develop and test new strategies to increase uptake and integration of services.
- Engage with other implementing partners (IPs), private sector and community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, local institutions and self-help groups to promote VMMC.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision visits and spot checks at facility and community level for verification and compliance, monitor progress to target, and ensure appropriate VMMC service delivery data are collected and shared to support data-driven decision-making.
- Facilitate timely requisition and delivery of resources to ensure activity implementation at council level is uninterrupted and coordinate with cross-cutting staff for logistical support.
- Contribute to monthly reports and other project documentation through photographs, anecdotes and feedback given first-hand by local actors and community members at council level.
- Participate in key meetings at council and ward level to share project updates, results, insights, and recommendations to promote and influence VMMC integration and sustainability.
- Coordinate day-to-day correspondence and updates with CHMT and WDC points of contact and ensure the RISE Senior Regional Coordinator is regularly updated on key issues.
- Perform other duties assigned from time-to-time by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area of direct relevance to local government and community engagement including public administration, community development, health systems management, public policy advocacy or lower qualification with 6 years of progressive local government and community engagement experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing activity implementation at council level through local government structures. Experience working with CHMTs and WDCs preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing donor-funded health programs in Tanzania. Working knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR is desirable.
- Experience coordinating facility and community health programs.
- Experience supporting advocacy and implementing strategies through local government to integrate and sustain donor-funded health programs and services.
- Field-oriented and comfortable working with, maintaining good relations and influencing local government officials at district and sub-district levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in Kiswahili and English.
- Demonstrated self-management (e.g. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability, diplomacy).
- Competency using MS Office (email, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle for work.
- Willingness to live in any district town in Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Singida or Tabora regions.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% time.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers contacted during work.
- Planning and negotiation skills required
- Good level of computer literacy, conversant with all Microsoft products
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.