IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID opportunity for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activity in Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The project will build upon achievements of previous USAID-funded VMMC project and support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through a five-year period to reduce new HIV infections and increase ownership of the VMMC program through scaling-up and sustaining VMMC coverage of 95 percent in five USAID supported regions, provide technical support for integration of VMMC into GoT’s routine health care service, and transition the VMMC services to GoT in line with the national sustainability plan by 2028. This activity consists of three main objectives: (1) expand access to safe, high-quality VMMC services for boys and men 15 years and above, (2) increase demand for and use of VMMC services, and (3) improve country ownership for continuity of integrated sustainable VMMC services.
The COP provides overall leadership and management as well as strategic guidance and vision to all partners and project staff. The COP will oversee all aspects of the project with a particular focus on the technical integrity of project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project and financial management which s/he will ensure by working closely with and supervises senior project staff. S/He will ensure that there is strong collaboration and effective communication with Ministry of Health, President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Local Government Authorities, the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), PEPFAR, USAID, implementing partners, and local counterparts to achieve project goals and outcomes. The COP is responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by donor. Additionally, the COP is responsible for the direction and oversight of compliance, financial, personnel, and other related aspects of the project in full compliance with GoT requirements, IntraHealth policies and procedures, PEPFAR, and USG rules and regulations. The COP is the principal liaison with Donor, GoT’s national and Local Government Authorities (LGAs), all responsible ministries, partner and civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders.
- Medical degree and/or A Master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, International Development, Social Sciences, or related Health discipline.
- At least 12 years of professional experience and senior level, with a minimum of five years managing and implementing international programs including providing technical leadership, managing financial resources and strong project management.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge of, and familiarity with health care system in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing complex multi-sectorial projects applying strong diplomacy and consensus building skills.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant USG, PEPFAR, and USAID regulations, procedures and processes, and Tanzania laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili required.
- Must be a Tanzania citizen